House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

45 Minute Hangover Cure That Actually Works

After handing me an assortment of pills to help my nausea, inflammation and achy head, Dr. Burke injects me with a B Complex IM injection to restore my nutrient levels and quell my fatigue. Next I’m given nasal oxygen, a numbing agent is applied to my skin and I receive two litres of fluid through an IV line – an icy tingling sensation that genuinely feels like it's flushing away the evil from my insides.

As far as results go – 10 minutes in and I start to feel a little better, half hour later and I actually feel brand new. It’s as if my system has been rebooted, my hangover a distant memory in spite of the fact I was prostrate on the floor less than an hour ago.

Wow. From £60 to £140 depending how bad you are. There have been at least two times in my life when I would have handed over the £140 like a shot.

In Vegas now, can't be long before it's available in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10772219/The-hangover-doctor-who-can-cure-you-in-45-minutes.html

Half a pint of cola "Brand of of your choice", and a good fry-up!

Fried egg sandwich.

Or the better method of just not drinking.

I overdid the G&T once and was seriously ill for a full 24 hours. That would have been worth £140 I think.

Wow. From £60 to £140 depending how bad you are. There have been at least two times in my life when I would have handed over the £140 like a shot.

In Vegas now, can't be long before it's available in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10772219/The-hangover-doctor-who-can-cure-you-in-45-minutes.html

I like the sound of this, not for a hangover specifically but for a regular pick me up. Could do with it today. You can buy complex vit B injections in Spain, oxygen is easy enough to get too. What is IV fluid - any body know.

They have a bus you can visit to be cured. This could be a good wee business idea me thinks. http://www.hangoverheaven.com/

I like the sound of this, not for a hangover specifically but for a regular pick me up. Could do with it today. You can buy complex vit B injections in Spain, oxygen is easy enough to get too. What is IV fluid - any body know.

They have a bus you can visit to be cured. This could be a good wee business idea me thinks. http://www.hangoverheaven.com/

They would make a fortune in the City of London.

I could have done with the base version this morning, I woudl have had a more productive day.

The iv fluid is probably just isotonic saline.

Fighter pilots in wwii would pump up the oxygen to rid themselves of hangovers. Apparently.

Thank you. You are right - Google agreed.

The oxygen thing for hangovers does work (not quite as described in the article but I'm sure the vit B shot would amplify it). Guy in Spain used to sell it in night clubs for a clear head hit. Was much better used for hangovers.

They would make a fortune in the City of London.

I could have done with the base version this morning, I woudl have had a more productive day.

London was exactly what I was thinking & yes some today would have been welcomed. Max £140 to enable a productive day doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all.

If it's the oxygen then how much does a canister of compressed oxygen cost?

I'm going to need some tomorrow morning btw.

My scuba instructor recommended O2 from the tank. Never tried it.

Best thing is prevention - plenty choline from egg yolks + eat animal fat/coconut oil/cocoa butter + cut out sugar and veg/fish oil.

Nitrox - ie 44% oxygen mix for diving is good.

Fructose Sugar is known to speed up alcohol metabolism. I recall 100g will speed up metabolism by approx. 50%

Vitamin B complex

Rehydration salts plus lots of water

There is a huge amount of money to be made in quick fixes because people are generally just crap at planning ahead.

That is why there is such a huge insurance industry, and why Red Bull and Monster caffeine drinks do well.

Worst thing you can do is drink anything with fructose in it. This can only be processed by the liver - so its not the best plan to be putting it under more stress.

Likewise with fats or protein. Fructose is clinically shown to speed up alcohol processing by the liver.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1854373

Okay, but the symptoms of a hangover aren't caused by still having alcohol in your body the next day, so consuming fructose the morning after won't help much. I guess you could neck a load of fructose at the end of a big drinking session to get the alcohol out of your bloodstream faster while you sleep so it will have less time to hang around and cause harmful effects.

A friend of mine at university used to intentionally make himself vomit at the end of a big night in order to get it out of his system and reduce the hangover the next day. I don't know if this actually worked, it wasn't exactly a controlled clinical trial.

Strange it has that effect ? Doesn't mean.it is necessarily better thouhg

Strange it has that effect ? Doesn't mean.it is necessarily better thouhg

Probably the best time to take the fructose / eat fructose rich food is before you go to bed to fuel up the liver for its overnight work