House Price Crash Forum

Ukip On Course To Win Nigel Farage Is On Course To Win His First Commons Seat After A New Poll Showed Ukip Leading In Eastleigeastleigh From Lib Dems

1929crash

HOLA441
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Look, UKIP isnt proposing that tourism be banned.

What is it with the willfull misrepresentation of UKIP's purpose? Is it because there are insufficient valid arguments?

Sure, UKIPs average member will still be able to visit his French house which he bought cheaply while lobbying against any being built in the UK.

Insufficient valid arguments against EU withdrawal? There are so many that it would be hard to know where to start.

Many of the arguments presented by the LibLabCon are false though, on that I wil agree.

HOLA444

Look, UKIP isnt proposing that tourism be banned.

What is it with the willfull misrepresentation of UKIP's purpose? Is it because there are insufficient valid arguments?

Whilst the UK population are not generally rocket scientists - they are not completely stupid. Therefore thus constant anti UKIP media focus is actually counter productive for what they want.

It us making people vote for them - not the other way around.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Sure, UKIPs average member will still be able to visit his French house which he bought cheaply while lobbying against any being built in the UK.

Insufficient valid arguments against EU withdrawal? There are so many that it would be hard to know where to start.

Many of the arguments presented by the LibLabCon are false though, on that I wil agree.

You have some data on the number of cheap French houses owned by average UKIP members? Or is that just a strawman?

I'm quite willing to discuss the pros and cons of an EU exit but it seems to be the main focus of of the europhile argument is to attack UKIP itself, usually by willfull misrepresentation, showing pics of Farage with his mouth wide open, and peurile name calling (ie. farage/garage) rather than present any reasoned argument about the issue at hand.

HOLA447

You have some data on the number of cheap French houses owned by average UKIP members? Or is that just a strawman?

I'm quite willing to discuss the pros and cons of an EU exit but it seems to be the main focus of of the europhile argument is to attack UKIP itself, usually by willfull misrepresentation, showing pics of Farage with his mouth wide open, and peurile name calling (ie. farage/garage) rather than present any reasoned argument about the issue at hand.

Or by showing him with a pint in his hand over and over again - which IMO is another own goal. A bloke with a pint is going to endear him to most of the UK population - not the opposite.

HOLA448

No, I'll grudgingly accept that is a strawman. The part about UKIP representing NIMBYs I do not withdraw, there's plenty of evidence on their website.

I wouldn't worry about the silly criticisms of Farage, as mentioned by others I reckon they work in his favour.

Regarding EU membership, most of the main negative points for the UK could be improved dramatically through changing the UK systems.

Just as 3 small examples :

Access to welfare and housing restricted to people who have paid into the system.

Child benefit restricted to 2 children.

Sending UK judges on a course to become more intelligent, patriotic and authoritative in their implementation of EU laws.

HOLA449

Or by showing him with a pint in his hand over and over again - which IMO is another own goal. A bloke with a pint is going to endear him to most of the UK population - not the opposite.

Er, the pictures of Farage with a pint are typically posed shots for propaganda purposes, not sneaky journalistic snaps! Endear him to the UK population is exactly what they are intended to do: to make people think he is a typical bloke.

HOLA4410

There was a time the Greens got laughed at. It may be 100 years before they get into power, if at all but that is not the point. They now have some influence which is growing.

afaik, the Greens do not concern themselves with the nuts and bolts of the EU bureaucracy but UKIP does. Britain is not the only place in Europe where people are growing ever dissatisfied with how the EU takes care of business. Once an anti EU alliance of MEPs from various countries forms (and I'm sure it will if the EU ptb refuse to improve) Then the EU bureaucrats have to choose between doing their job properly or go home.

HOLA4411

It`s not really about who can buy a house in France though is it? The issue is taking back control of UK borders, and getting rid of unelected "leaders". People with money to spend can buy what they like wherever they like, that will be part of the new trade/tourism/residence agreements anyway. Didn`t Brits live in France/Germany/wherever before the EZ nonsense? Oh, I forgot to mention the floods of unskilled labour that is just f*ucking over an entire generation of UK teenagers. At least in my day they would give you a YTS and some college training for free, it helped you get established in the basics of just getting up most days and doing something.