House Price Crash Forum

Ukip On Course To Win Nigel Farage Is On Course To Win His First Commons Seat After A New Poll Showed Ukip Leading In Eastleigeastleigh From Lib Dems

1929crash

HOLA441
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

It hasn't been Tory since Stephen Milligan was found dead in women's stockings with an orange in his mouth in 1994. :o

Totally normal behaviour for MPs!

HOLA444

The creation of the equivalent of a ConLab coalition and the loss of most of their supporters?

The ruling classes have now demonstrated that holding on to power is the only thing that motivates them. Obviously, that's what a lot of people think about politicians anyway but it has never been more clearly shown to be the case. What happens next will be interesting but it's no coincidence that regional separatist movements are growing in popularity.

Eh? We have first past the post in Canada just like the UK.

Canada? I meant Italy. Does Canada have a five star movement too?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Shappsy's natural authority will bring those rebellious Tories back into line. A man of real gravitas, getting a comment-banned puff piece in the Telegraph. Eating at Nandos, a man of the people....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10776537/Grant-Shapps-warns-Tory-rebels-to-fall-in-line-for-the-election-ahead.html

You can see Tory polling levels drop every time this cretin is wheeled out.

Edited by The Knimbies who say no

HOLA448

Shappsy's natural authority will being those rebellious Tories back into line. A man of real gravitas, getting a comment-banned puff piece in the Telegraph. Eating at Nandos, a man of the people....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10776537/Grant-Shapps-warns-Tory-rebels-to-fall-in-line-for-the-election-ahead.html

You can see Tory polling levels drop every time this cretin is wheeled out.

"Im a friendly, affable bloke, but there are limits, warns Grant Shapps.

Why is this man not in the foreign office? Putin wouldn't have dared take Crimea if he knew he had to reckon with Grant Schapps.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

A non-story in my opinion given how far away we are still from the general election. IF these results are the same, or better, in another 9 months then I'll sit up a and take note. A week is a long time in politics......

But I do agree that it is becoming so blatantly obvious that the mainstream press have no gone into personal smear mode, rather than try and seriously debate the points that UKIP makes.

HOLA4412

This made me laugh. UKIP's posters are being dealt with by aFrench firm - www.jcdecaux.com

blvlgvwciaatf6b1.jpg

No there's a poster I could have written!

HOLA4413
Guest TheBlueCat

Canada? I meant Italy. Does Canada have a five star movement too?

Yes, misread what you said. No Five Star, but we do have a Rhinoceros Party.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This made me laugh. UKIP's posters are being dealt with by aFrench firm - www.jcdecaux.com

blvlgvwciaatf6b1.jpg

I guess posters like this will appeal to the uninformed, but Farage has asserted many times he's in favour of free trade. Sadly, I bet he loves foreigners buy up houses that British people could live in, so long as it boosts HPI.

Same goes for the Irish poster boy and employing his german wife. Farage has stated many times that when the freedom of movement was between other western european countries with similar income standards, it wasnt a problem. Theres no hypocrisy in employing the Irish or germans as Brits are just as likely to move there. I cant see many brits choosing to go to earn a couple turnips a day in Poland, so its a far more unbalanced scenario.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Indeed. I'm in favour of free trade but totally opposed to integration/membership with/of Europe (and the unrestricted immigration that follows).

Are you in favour of a European single market with trading standards and conditions set by commonly agreed legislation?

To what extent do you think <injin>men with guns</injin> should restrict the movement of people between the countries of such a single market?

HOLA4418

Are you in favour of a European single market with trading standards and conditions set by commonly agreed legislation?

To what extent do you think <injin>men with guns</injin> should restrict the movement of people between the countries of such a single market?

In a free market, the problem of immigration restrictions could be solved by selling people to other countries

HOLA4419

How much

In a free market, the problem of immigration restrictions could be solved by selling people to other countries

:)

How much would Romania and Bulgaria have had to pay the EU to offload most of the Roma community? They'd have paid anything that was asked(judging by my Romanian colleagues thoughts about them), but they got it for free.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

He's already in training, with that french affectation in the way he pronounces Farage. Reminiscent of Hyacinth Bucket.

He humiliated Paxman when Paxman tried to call him out on that. Farage responded, "How do you pronounce garage?" To which Paxman responded with a pronunciation that rhymed with Farage's version of his surname. Of course everyone knows the correct answer would have been something like garidge. :)

Anyway, with Mercer's resignation it looks like Farage could be in the Commons in a matter of weeks.

HOLA4422

He humiliated Paxman when Paxman tried to call him out on that. Farage responded, "How do you pronounce garage?" To which Paxman responded with a pronunciation that rhymed with Farage's version of his surname. Of course everyone knows the correct answer would have been something like garidge. :)

Anyway, with Mercer's resignation it looks like Farage could be in the Commons in a matter of weeks.

Mercer had a 16,000 majority, is this really a good opportunity for UKIP? I only ask because Huhne's safe seat was retained by the LibDems and he went to jail rather than a ban.

Even if the Tories hold on with a much reduced majority it ought to spell out what's coming in a year's time.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I looked up the May 22nd candidates in my area. I can vote with both head and heart. UKIP for the EU and as there is no UKIP candidate for my ward, I'll be voting Green in the councils.

It would be more effective if you could do it the other way round.

UKIP MEPs don't have the power to take the UK out of the EU; they just ensure that we get even less for our money in terms of the influence we have on EU policies. Green councillors don't have the power to do anything about the big environmental problems that require international cooperation; Green MEPs can and do influence EU-wide policy for the common good.

HOLA4425

I'm sitting in the restaurant on a cross channel ferry. On the table next to me are half a dozen 60 something men who are discussing why they will be voting UKIP.