House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
1929crash

Ukip On Course To Win Nigel Farage Is On Course To Win His First Commons Seat After A New Poll Showed Ukip Leading In Eastleigeastleigh From Lib Dems

Nigel Farage is on course to win his first Commons seat after a new poll showed UKIP leading in Eastleigh, the Hampshire constituency where the party narrowly failed to win last year’s by-election.

Support for Mr Farage’s party is running at 32 per cent in Eastleigh – four points ahead of the Conservatives on 28 per cent, and five points ahead of the Liberal Democrats, who hold the seat.

It is the first time a constituency poll has put UKIP in the lead.

Sorry it's a Wail link - there are some bad influences on this forum. B)

OMG. If he wins he might turn Belgian! :blink:

Wow, The Mail are really on a smear Farage campaign, he must be doing better than I thought :D.

As someone pointed out recently.... "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".

Mahatma Gandhi.

Wow, The Mail are really on a smear Farage campaign, he must be doing better than I thought :D.

As someone pointed out recently.... "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win".

Mahatma Gandhi.

Be sure to check out the best rated comments later this evening, I suspect anti UKIP comments will be way out in front. I don't know if it’s the Mail or some conservative interns rigging the votes, but it has been the case for a number of weeks now.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

Be sure to check out the best rated comments later this evening, I suspect anti UKIP comments will be way out in front. I don't know if it’s the Mail or some conservative interns rigging the votes, but it has been the case for a number of weeks now.

Pro UKIP comments are way out in front - I've just added to their votes :)

Farage in the commons will finally make politics interesting again.

Pro UKIP comments are way out in front - I've just added to their votes :)

Farage in the commons will finally make politics interesting again.

He's a bit of a "character", and I do like that!

I should start a "Pin Party". I am, after all, a man of reason! :blink:

The interesting thing about the Eastleigh poll is that it is generic, not mentioning Farage by name. UKIP is ahead of both the Tories and the Lib Dems in that seat.

I think the 2013 by-election result may not be repeatable in a general election because the Lib Dem activists who poured into Eastleigh will be busy elsewhere. That's what comes of pursuing policies that cause your party workers to leave the party or simply not go out being active with leaflets and so on.

Whether Farage gets into Parliament depends on whether he makes the right choice about which seat to fight, and he needs to get some canny campaigners around him, which he didn't do when fighting Bercow in 2010.

If i could bet on him dying in an 'accident' I would place a hundred notes down. He must be really annoying the powers that be in all parties.

If i could bet on him dying in an 'accident' I would place a hundred notes down. He must be really annoying the powers that be in all parties.

Plane crash perhaps?

Edited by blobloblob

The interesting thing about the Eastleigh poll is that it is generic, not mentioning Farage by name. UKIP is ahead of both the Tories and the Lib Dems in that seat.

I think the 2013 by-election result may not be repeatable in a general election because the Lib Dem activists who poured into Eastleigh will be busy elsewhere. That's what comes of pursuing policies that cause your party workers to leave the party or simply not go out being active with leaflets and so on.

Whether Farage gets into Parliament depends on whether he makes the right choice about which seat to fight, and he needs to get some canny campaigners around him, which he didn't do when fighting Bercow in 2010.

With the benefit of hindsight, Farage bottled it at the by election. Had he himself stood, who knows what might have happened?

Cant see it happening. Even in un-conservative seats like Brighton I think the green victory is an aberration which may well disappear next time round. In a fuddy duddy tory seat like eastleigh they'd vote tory until hell freezes over.

Only way for third party candidates to win is to tap into some local or nimby issue, like galloway standing in majority muslim areas or that guy against a local NHS hospital closing.

Ha, apparently eastleigh isnt even a tory seat. Well i never.

It still deserves a capital leter though! :mellow:

Plane crash perhaps?

The powers-that-be have already tried that once, Just after his disgracefulinspiring comments on Van Rompuy and Barroso.

Perhaps it'll be a car crash in a tunnel next.

Ha, apparently eastleigh isnt even a tory seat. Well i never.

It hasn't been Tory since Stephen Milligan was found dead in women's stockings with an orange in his mouth in 1994. :o

It hasn't been Tory since Stephen Milligan was found dead in women's stockings with an orange in his mouth in 1994. :o

Now there's a politician you can trust! :angry: :wacko:

Joking and silly conspiracy theories aside, an actual UKIP win could be an inflection point. The main argument I've seen against voting for UKIP has been that they can't win so there's no point unless you want to let Labour backk in. A demonstration that they can win could change all of that and open the flood gates. There's a precedent for this in Canada where the Reform Party took away Conservative party votes and seats and, eventually, ended up merging with it.

I'm not a UKIP supporter btw.

Joking and silly conspiracy theories aside, an actual UKIP win could be an inflection point. The main argument I've seen against voting for UKIP has been that they can't win so there's no point unless you want to let Labour backk in. A demonstration that they can win could change all of that and open the flood gates. There's a precedent for this in Canada where the Reform Party took away Conservative party votes and seats and, eventually, ended up merging with it.

I'm not a UKIP supporter btw.

PR not 1st past the post, but just look at what the Five Star Movement achieved in Italy.

PR not 1st past the post, but just look at what the Five Star Movement achieved in Italy.

Apparently they weren't very good (NSFW):

Way to go! :huh:

Eh? We have first past the post in Canada just like the UK.