House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattW

Treating The Telephone Receiver Like A Hot Potato...

Why oh why oh why when you finish a telephone call with someone, they chuck the phone receiver down like some sort of weapon?! Makes an unpleasant loud sound when they do it.

Happened a short time ago when a woman phoned me from a lettings agent called Alexander & Co. Without confirming my identity, she asked if I was still looking for a property. I replied no. Quick as a flash she said that she would take my details off their list and before I had a chance to say thanks the call ended with a horrendous ear-piercing crunch. Really p***es me off and is disrespectful.

Had this last year with another letting agent called JSM (I'm not afraid to name and shame) and a few times with Recruitment Agencies between 2008 and 2010. The latter were probably peeved when I turned down some last minute minimum wage assignment.