House Price Crash Forum

Top Ten Most Annoying Things On This Or Any Forum

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

Well one actually, but there's an internet tradition of top tens.

1. Not expressing your own view but just putting somebody else's without comment

This can be a Youtube vid, a link, or a quoted story. Posted as an OP or a reply but without any viewpoint of the poster being expressed.

So they've been reading the net and found something worthy of a topic, or searched for a story / vid that they think is relevant to a thread, replied and posted it in. They don't say why they think it's relevant or what aspects of it they wish to highlight, just post it in undigested and expect other people to click it and read it / watch it.

That's not a contribution; that's just demonstrating you can use google and post a vaguely-related link.

Cue multiple unsupported links / vids :rolleyes:

The other one people moan about is "+1" type replies, but to my mind that only happens because there is no "like" button to show that you're impressed by and agree with particular post; it has its place.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

That's you off winkie's Christmas card list!

Winkie usually says something, with a lot of ..... s and a ;)

I wasn't thinking of any particular individual.

You're not on twitter, are you?

Twitter, the home of celeb insider gossip, Stephen Fry, and fake football transfer rumours?

No.

And when I have been directed to it I couldn't work out who was saying what to who and how you were meant to follow a conversation. Not that I spent much time trying. I'm letting it pass me by like Friends Reunited, Ed Milliband and The Voice.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Well one actually, but there's an internet tradition of top tens.

1. Not expressing your own view but just putting somebody else's without comment

This can be a Youtube vid, a link, or a quoted story. Posted as an OP or a reply but without any viewpoint of the poster being expressed.

So they've been reading the net and found something worthy of a topic, or searched for a story / vid that they think is relevant to a thread, replied and posted it in. They don't say why they think it's relevant or what aspects of it they wish to highlight, just post it in undigested and expect other people to click it and read it / watch it.

That's not a contribution; that's just demonstrating you can use google and post a vaguely-related link.

Cue multiple unsupported links / vids :rolleyes:

The other one people moan about is "+1" type replies, but to my mind that only happens because there is no "like" button to show that you're impressed by and agree with particular post; it has its place.

HOLA448

Global warming threads, where nobody ever changes their minds on anything, not even a minor point, such as what day it is.

I confess to liking those threads, but admit everybody comes in with their own prejudices fully-formed.

In case you're interested I think I was wrong to put you on ignore so have taken you off, my remaining listing is:

Injin - yes he has a consistent worldview but I don't desire knowing about it - life's too short

Sibley - property bull and wind-up-merchant who would throw something in for a reaction then not come back to respond

Hamish McTavish - see Sibley

inspector - no idea don't remember this one at all

Pick It Down - if he is remotely like this in real life he must get punched a lot

Asheron - official representative of the gold and silver merchants' guild

HOLA449

I confess to liking those threads, but admit everybody comes in with their own prejudices fully-formed.

In case you're interested I think I was wrong to put you on ignore so have taken you off, my remaining listing is:

Injin - yes he has a consistent worldview but I don't desire knowing about it - life's too short

Sibley - property bull and wind-up-merchant who would throw something in for a reaction then not come back to respond

Pick It Down - if he is remotely like this in real life he must get punched a lot

Thank you - I appreciate it. :)

One annoying poster that some may recall was patprimer74 - widely believed to be Ed Balls.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Anything not about allotments.

Are you growing strange shaped "genitally challenged" vegetables, like my mate Ken!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't know if any of them are still here...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived