House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saving For a Space Ship

Trailer Parks Lure Wall St Investors - Chained To The Waffle Hse

Sickening Wall St parasitic oligarch behaviour on the poor

Brilliant summary from Max & Stacey in their latest Kaiser report episode (from the beginning of the vid)

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-589-max-keiser-976/

Edit: Very brief summary:

US States will not allow more trailer parks to built, as they are seen as undesirable, so supply is severely restricted.

Hard times / wage deflation has greatly increased demand for such low cost housing.

Wall St investors are buying up trailer parks because demand has greatly increased & residents are current trapped there, as they will rarely raise the $5K to move out (akin to being chained to the waffle house booths).

Oligarchs owning most of the parks have arisen & are increasingly selling these park investment opportunities.

bloomberg articles & websites referred to by Max & Stacey

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-10/trailer-parks-lure-investors-pursuing-double-wide-returns.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/investors-see-double-wide-returns-in-trailer-parks-N8kJBiPPQhS5Ut2C0xAQwA.html

http://www.mobilehomeuniversity.com/

Affordable Housing is the hottest arena in commercial real estate right now. With over 20% of Americans trying to live on $20,000 per year or less, the demand for mobile homes has never been higher -- and the big winners are the owners of the mobile home parks in which those customers reside.

This trend will only continue to pick up steam in the years ahead, as evidenced by a recent interview with Warren Buffet (one of the largest owners of mobile home manufacturing and financing in the U.S.) in which he talks about the rapid speed of new U.S. household formations and the lack of housing options that they can afford.

Case in point, apartment rents and occupancies have never been higher -- and the U.S. average apartment rent is over $1,000 per month. You can imagine the demand in the $500 per month price category, which is the market that most mobile home parks serve.

So how do you harness the affordable housing trend?

The answer is in buying mobile home parks. But not just any park will succeed. You have to know the ins and outs of what separates the winners from the losers before you invest. This information can be found all over this site, from free mobile home park investing articles and our free mobile home park investing book that is available on download

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I find it very strange that RT is complaining about Oligarchs, lets be honest they invented these robber barons.

With respect, oligarchs & oligopolies have been around for ever. Certainly the term has more recently been commonly used in reference to Russian Oil co / Industry Oligarchs by western media..I wonder why ?

Arguably, without Gov. regs (ie. Uk monopolies & mergers commission stopping mergers) they would be more common.

I wiil have a dig to see if there is any info on who controls the Uk mobile / park home market. There have often been media horror stories of park home land owners charging a fortune for utilities & cost of changing mobile homes.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I find it very strange that RT is complaining about Oligarchs, lets be honest they invented these robber barons.

Arguably, Putin got rid of many of the oligarchs - the former nomenklatura - who had been pilllaging Russia in the 1990s under Yelstin the western puppet.

RT is an anti-western Russki propaganda channel. They never discuss Russian stock markets, bond markets, Putin, Oligarchs, or anything else.

On topic, there's nothing remotely new in the wealthy buying up trailer parks. Manchester United owners, the Glazers, were doing this in the 1950s. They're cash cows with vulnerable tenants with no money to fight law suits. Perfect prey for capitalists.

Finding Max & Stacey very boring of late. Its only really fun to watch when Max starts to shout! And I'm kind of hoping that the current UK HPI lasts long enough to see Max eat his trousers (or pants) on the show! :P

Edited by renting til I die

Arguably, Putin got rid of many of the oligarchs - the former nomenklatura - who had been pilllaging Russia in the 1990s under Yelstin the western puppet.

Putin got rid of rival oligarchs. To give him his due, this was an improvement on the gang wars of the 90s.

Edited by (Blizzard)

RT is an anti-western Russki propaganda channel. They never discuss Russian stock markets, bond markets, Putin, Oligarchs, or anything else.

On topic, there's nothing remotely new in the wealthy buying up trailer parks. Manchester United owners, the Glazers, were doing this in the 1950s. They're cash cows with vulnerable tenants with no money to fight law suits. Perfect prey for capitalists.

why would they?...that news is as useful to us as a chocolate faberge egg.

The kaiser report has some good guests. These days I usually skip the first part. The bit with Max and Stacey fooling a scripted rant is getting a bit boring.

The kaiser report has some good guests. These days I usually skip the first part. The bit with Max and Stacey fooling a scripted rant is getting a bit boring.

I agree, I agree, I agree. :P