House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sombreroloco

Help! I Have A Problem With My Old Nokia 1110.

Like this:

market_2005_nokia-1110-gsm-246x300.jpg

It has gone well for 10 years. Now for the last two weeks it switches itself off at random. The battery is still in perfect conditions.

I have reset it to default a few times. It goes ok for 2-3 days and then it keeps on doing the same thing all over again.

I don't want to get rid of it. It is too old for anybody wanting to give a look at it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I think the technical term for the problem is "buggered".

Can't you get another on eBay for 50p or are you attached to this one.

Dodgy capacitors are first to go in a lot of stuff after 5 years.

Like Death said Ebay.

Anyway I salute you sir - you are a shining example of HPC Frugalistaism!

That makes my 3510 look modern!

Well, if this is what is supposed to happen after 10 years, even if I buy one for 50p it would still be crap, innit?

And yes, I'm emotionally attached to it. I had a lovely and expensive Samsung smartphone but that was stolen. Nobody would steal an old Nokia. So I need a new replacement that is as reliable as the old Nokia but also ugly enough for it not be mugged by some chav.

EDIT: for the last 4 months I've charged it with a non standard charger. Could it be the reason why it has gone crazy?

Well, if this is what is supposed to happen after 10 years, even if I buy one for 50p it would still be crap, innit?

And yes, I'm emotionally attached to it. I had a lovely and expensive Samsung smartphone but that was stolen. Nobody would steal an old Nokia. So I need a new replacement that is as reliable as the old Nokia but also ugly enough for it not be mugged by some chav.

EDIT: for the last 4 months I've charged it with a non standard charger. Could it be the reason why it has gone crazy?

You could buy a brand new one for £35:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-1110-Free-Mobile-Phone/dp/B000F9GNOS#productDescription

I did look at replacing my old sony w810i but couldn't fidn a new one and went smart phone, I have to admit it is a lot better.

31KKSBAJQ8L.jpg

Have you taken it apart and cleaned all the contacts?

Do you have to do that on a Roman semaphore? :huh:

After 10 years there is no way the battery is perfect condition. Try a different battery first.

I've got one of these (Nokia 1100). Still works well but sometimes I will try to open a text message and it reboots itself. I suspect a small section of flash memory in it has got corrupted. I've worn the paint off the keypad but the rubber is still going strong. Replacements on Ebay don't hold up. You can get a whole unlocked phone for about a tenner on there, best to buy one from a private seller rather than someone knocking out refurbs with crap cases and fake Nokia batteries. I bought a more modern equivalent (Nokia 100) but I don't like it, the screen is harder to read and goes blank when you leave it alone so you can't just glance at it.

Let's all go modern and get virused up!

That makes my 3510 look modern!

I think that is what I had back in 2009 when I ended up losing it. Cost me £50 on PAYG. Replaced it with a mega cheapo Nokia phone (small beige plasticky thing - 2510 or thereabouts?) in case I lost it again.

I currently have a Samsung E250V that belonged to my dad. He bought it in 2008.

Old mobiles, FTW! ^_^