House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warwickshire Lad

Shocked And Upset

I saw this on the six o'clock news today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4476664.stm

I actually found myself genuinely upset and angry. I find it shocking beyond words.

These defenceless animals are tortured in such a barbaric manner to satisy a "fashion" market in Europe.

And this is happening in China - a country which is supposed to be the next superpower. What the hell is this world coming to ?

Perhaps the human race doesn't deserve this world we live in, when we abuse it with such impunity.

The bastards who perpetrate these crimes deserve to be skinned and boiled alive themselves for such acts of callous disregard for life.

I actually found myself genuinely upset and angry. I find it shocking beyond words.

These defenceless animals are tortured in such a barbaric manner to satisy a "fashion" market in Europe.

And this is happening in China - a country which is supposed to be the next superpower. What the hell is this world coming to ?

Perhaps the human race doesn't deserve this world we live in, when we abuse it with such impunity.

The bastards who perpetrate these crimes deserve to be skinned and boiled alive themselves for such acts of callous disregard for life.

Saw something like this years ago. The guy dropped a live kitten into boiling water for about 20 seconds then plucked it out and literally ripped of the fur in one deft movement. The poor thing was still moving and literally looked like a plucked chicken. He then dumped it back into the boiling water to die. Dont think this was in China though, probably Vietnam. :(

What's the obsession with cats and dogs?

Surely there is no significant difference to cows, pigs, sheep.

It's laughable to see Sir Paul and his wife sat on their thrones with millions in the bank criticising the Chinese people who have to do this to earn a living. Eating dog meat is part of the Chinese diet and who are we to decide what is acceptable in their own country. You can be sure Sir Paul will not be complaining about some other cultural methods of slaughter which take place every day in the UK.

What's the obsession with cats and dogs?

Surely there is no significant difference to cows, pigs, sheep.

It's laughable to see Sir Paul and his wife sat on their thrones with millions in the bank criticising the Chinese people who have to do this to earn a living. Eating dog meat is part of the Chinese diet and who are we to decide what is acceptable in their own country. You can be sure Sir Paul will not be complaining about some other cultural methods of slaughter which take place every day in the UK.

I dont mind them eating cat/dog. Each to their own I am sure its very tasty. But boiling them or chucking them about when they are alive is bang out of order. Same goes for cattle pigs etc.

Saw something like this years ago. The guy dropped a live kitten into boiling water for about 20 seconds then plucked it out and literally ripped of the fur in one deft movement. The poor thing was still moving and literally looked like a plucked chicken. He then dumped it back into the boiling water to die. Dont think this was in China though, probably Vietnam. :(

I saw that one aswell and it was bl**dy awful.

I dont mind them eating cat/dog. Each to their own I am sure its very tasty. But boiling them or chucking them about when they are alive is bang out of order. Same goes for cattle pigs etc.

I agree - aren't there guidelines that ensure acceptable conditions for transportation of cattle, sheep and the likes. There's no excuse for cruelty.

I try to buy freerange chickens when I can - have you seen the burn marks on the legs of broiler chickens that sit on the shelves in Tesco ?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/73852004.htm

PAUL McCARTNEY BOYCOTTS CHINA

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY is refusing to perform in China after having seen a secret film of animals being brutally treated in Guangzhou's fur market.

The former BEATLE and animal rights campaigner was horrified to see footage, shot by People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA), of cats and dogs being tortured before being skinned for their fur.

He says, "This is barbaric. Horrific. It's like something out of the Dark Ages. They're just sick, sick people.

"I wouldn't even dream of going over there to play, in the same way I wouldn't go to a country that supported apartheid.

I have had a real issue with this over the last few years which is why I have tried to cut down my meat intake. The problem I have is that I would love to and happily eat meat of an animal if I knew it had been allowed to graze grow and mature to a decent age before being humanly killed for food. My believe is that it doesnt matter if you want to eat dog, cow, cat, chicken or whatever just as long as it has not been denied its natural freedom and was killed swifty and decently. Even if it meant spending a few dollars more maybe we wouldnt have such a rich _Aitkens_ meat diet. If I could easily give up meat tomorrow I would however the supermarkets with all their financial and influential power only want to promote cheap dirty water injected meat. Its a tragedy. :(:(:( :angry:

Fact is, they dont know any better. They certainly dont care for your pinko softie sentiments. This makes me laugh so much when people try to compare two cultures, and try to equate values. Simply doesnt work. Stick to hugging trees. It will have far more effect than wingeing about what the Chineese are up to. Then again, you will be the same sort that oppose military action in North Korea, even though they give similar treatment to their fellow human beings. Smacks of double standards somewhat?

The people that commit this horrid act are not fit to be called human. They would probably find it just as easy to kill a person - they have no morals.

It's examples like this that make you wonder if the world would be better off without humans.