• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Hmmm. I always thought the banning system was pretty random. I guess each of the Moderators thought it was someone else doing it when it was the software all along!

I was banned for a few weeks last year, never found out why and couldn't think of a good reason, so maybe you're right and some bot is crawling our posts picking out sensitive words and adding warnings!

HOLA446
HOLA447

I live on HPC!

3 points. All of which are news to me. If 5 is the max then I'm not long for this world. If it's 100 then I'll try harder

One for being a United supporter, one for being a bit of a lefty... What the hell did you do for the third one?

HOLA448

The skin is yet another part of the internet conspiracy against left handed people - the post button is over on the right and not natural for us lefties.

The same is true of that ruddy charm bar, or whatever they call it, on Windows 8. Ditto Microsoft and its rigth handed mice.

There is only so far us lefties can be pushed before we strike back. I am pretty sure Putin is left-handed?

Tell that to my laptop's rightie-unfriendly, left-sided USB ports.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I don't mind the new format, but I read mostly using the mobile version.

What I do miss is the option to select a particular page whilst browsing posts - I.e. Go straight to the last page, page 1,2,3 etc. when the thread has 10+ pages it can be quite a chew on to click back/forward to cycle through pages.

Would this be difficult to re-implement?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Yeah they switched the forum to run on 'Invision Power Board' not a bad choice of forum software but quite expensive.

From other forums I've used, Invision is good as long as you stick with it, moving a forums data INTO invision is easy, moving OUT onto any other system is almost impossible.

so what tends to happen is that everything is great for a couple of years until they cant afford the upgrade fees and then the whole thing either shuts down, or they just run the old version until it gets filled with spam.

so theres that

HOLA4421

Is that a bad thing?

Well don't we want a new generation of young HPCers on board? They're not going to join if the homepage looks like something their well-intentioned have-a-go Grandmother knocked up. Let's have modern design, swooshy gifs and probably pictures of kittens and Kardashians with words like LULZ badly pasted over them.

Oh woe is me! I have no warning points! (weeps quietly in the corner)

Neither do I, yet I've had plenty of posts deleted and additional 'advice' and editing.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

We've lost the post sub-headings.

2 warning points here.

You are no poster at all without warning points! I have 4, with no explanation. Again, I refer to Kafka! :unsure: The new look is fine, just diffrent!I have also lost my "Mild Irritant" status.

HOLA4425