House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Meet Mr Poo - India's Anti-Public Defecation Mascot From Unicef

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/meet-mr-poo--indias-antipublic-defecation-mascot-from-unicef-9263852.html

Meet Mr Poo: The lumpy, brown anthropomorphised faeces that is the face of Unicef's latest public health campaign in India.

Accompanied by an insanely catchy techno-Bollywood-style anthem, Mr Poo features in a very silly and surreal new video aimed at raising awareness of the health dangers associated with public defecation in India. Though the video is light-hearted; the issue is a serious one.

Globally, India has the largest number of people, more than 620 million, still defecating in the open. Only about half the population of the country use toilets.

Has someone been watching South Park?

As the article states, being mostly in English, it will probably be understood by those Indians who have access to a loo rather than those who do not!

A funny video with a serious point!

I was on a bus going into Delhi at dawn when I spotted a young man squatting at the side of the road with a poo hanging out of his bum. As he caught my eye he smiled and waved. He seemed pretty happy with life!

Could this video please be translated into French and Arabic and shown in schools and community centres in the Paris suburbs?

Ah, les banlieu! Still there's more chance of getting an English conversation there, even if it is "give me your wallet"!! :blink:

I was on a bus going into Delhi at dawn when I spotted a young man squatting at the side of the road with a poo hanging out of his bum. As he caught my eye he smiled and waved. He seemed pretty happy with life!

I am afraid, when I went to India, the poo left my bum with some force! :blink:

This is from Unicef but it contains a swear word i.e. sh*t? Weird.

Perfectly good word! So is "poo"! :huh:

Could this video please be translated into French and Arabic and shown in schools and community centres in the Paris suburbs?

It would also be useful for a version in English to be shown to the denizens of Camden and Brixton.

For the first time in my life I'm almost speechless.

Reminds me of that Top Tip in Viz:

"I usually find it helpful to unfasten the zip in my trousers before urinating"

Ah, les banlieu! Still there's more chance of getting an English conversation there, even if it is "give me your wallet"!! :blink:

If they could add something to the banlieu video about it not being hygienic to cover the street in revolting gobs of spit and phlegm that would be nice too.

If they could add something to the banlieu video about it not being hygienic to cover the street in revolting gobs of spit and phlegm that would be nice too.

That will be them deworming after picking up hookworm from treading barefoot in other peoples sh1t

Ah, les banlieu! Still there's more chance of getting an English conversation there, even if it is "give me your wallet"!! blink.gif

la banlieue (nf)

les banlieues

please write it out 100 times during detention this afternoon.

la banlieue (nf)

les banlieues

please write it out 100 times during detention this afternoon.

I stand corrected! Still, at least I "have a go" in France!

That will be them deworming after picking up hookworm from treading barefoot in other peoples sh1t

Ah ! Doncaster? :wacko: