House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mouserat

£350,000 To £700,000 In 4 Months

There is liberal EA use of "fantastic" in the Rightmove listing, but in which sense?

From the dictionary:

fantastic

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.

synonyms: fanciful, extravagant, extraordinary, irrational, wild, mad, absurd, far-fetched, nonsensical, incredible, unbelievable, unthinkable, implausible, improbable, unlikely, doubtful, dubious;

There is liberal EA use of "fantastic" in the Rightmove listing, but in which sense?

From the dictionary:

fantastic

imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.

A fantastic asking price then?! ;)

Really, for £700k I would want the whole of that building - and the freehold.

I hope someone buys it and then loss a lot of money.

I hope someone buys it and it then sells for £2m in 4 months. I guess wishing people "unwell" hasn't worked in 10 years, so I guess I'll try the other way.

This is a good example for those who imply that "supply and demand" will justify any level of price. In general terms, there is lots of demand and not much supply for London property, but this is an irrelevance.

What matters is effective demand - the number of buyers able and willing to pay 700k for this place was zero. Including all those legions of Chinese investors who apparently log on to UK property sites every morning and buy anything without thinking about the price.

effective demand

i remember this term from a level economics

people always go on about supply but the last crash was caused by the availability of credit rather than supply/demand of property

effective demand

i remember this term from a level economics

people always go on about supply but the last crash was caused by the availability of credit rather than supply/demand of property

You can't expect people to remember that far back !

If you mean the mini-crash in 2008-into-some of 2009, before £Trillion+ in stimulus. And credit availability, cost of credit also in 1989+ mini crash.

Yes, I mean it was obvious to all that was the cause. Fewer buyers in a position to pay higher prices, and sellers sold for lower prices to buyers, which in turn brought down values of all housing.

However it's back to too few properties now, growing population = for-ever-ah HPI. We need to stand ready with all the excuses for buyers who've been paying silly high prices, to excuse them in the next crash. "They just wanted a home / believed what they saw on the telly and EA / couldn't expect them to rent." Lobby for reflation again just like many on this forum did in 2008, helping London prices and other areas to totally balloon again to protect the victims.

Thank you so much for sharing. Bob at has made me laugh so much.

I cracked up too - almost woek my young one up. Some of those photos look like the agent taking them was assaulted mid shoot - random angles, weird items (I'll just take a shot of THESE THREE STEPS IN PARTICULAR).

Classic. Well worth a million pounds.

It's back up to £640K after not selling at £610K!

Better than that - you can choose from £600k, £610k or £640k depending on which of three agents you go for - and at 600k it changes from a flat into a terraced house. Never seen anything quite like this. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^1537174&insId=4&radius=0.0

I wonder what is behind the fences with all the barbed wire and a yellow sign, within which I can see some kind of red triangle that looks like some kind of warning sign?

I wonder what is behind the fences with all the barbed wire and a yellow sign, within which I can see some kind of red triangle that looks like some kind of warning sign?

From streetview looks like a substation.