House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Michael Ruppert Dead

... too bad - a brave (if troubled) man.

His book 'Crossing The Rubicon' was one of the first to expose the Neocon take-over of the US prior to and following 9/11.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crossing-Rubicon-Decline-American-Empire/dp/0865715408

I also followed his 'From The Wilderness' newletter which was some of the best commentary on the implications of Peak Oil for American global dominance and the likely response, much of which is coming to pass, as predicted.

His book 'Crossing The Rubicon' was one of the first to expose the Neocon take-over of the US prior to and following 9/11.

I also followed his 'From The Wilderness' newletter which was some of the best commentary on the implications of Peak Oil for American global dominance and the likely response, much of which is coming to pass, as predicted.

Poor Mike.

It all became too much for him in the end.

Sadly while he was often away with the faeries his central argument is probably correct.

The human race is almost certainly doomed to destroy itself and will be lucky to make it to the end of the 21 century.

Sad when someone has reached the stage when they feel life isn't worth living anymore.

In Michael Ruppert's case I can appreciate that continually trying to expose his non mainstream experience and views would continually grind him down. It's hard to be different from the crowd and it can be lonely.

I don't know if what he specifically says is true but my overall view is that the world we live in and humanity is heading for some kind of disaster with a strong contender being economic collapse.. It would be great to feel like an optimist and trust that everything's going to be fine but no matter how much I think about it I remain realistic just by looking into what goes on around the globe.

Sad when someone has reached the stage when they feel life isn't worth living anymore.

In Michael Ruppert's case I can appreciate that continually trying to expose his non mainstream experience and views would continually grind him down. It's hard to be different from the crowd and it can be lonely.

I don't know if what he specifically says is true but my overall view is that the world we live in and humanity is heading for some kind of disaster with a strong contender being economic collapse.. It would be great to feel like an optimist and trust that everything's going to be fine but no matter how much I think about it I remain realistic just by looking into what goes on around the globe.

Who knows.

Humans often resort to violence when under stress so my money is always on war as the most likely way that humanity will choose to immolate itself.

You don't have to agree with most of Ruppert's views to share his pessimism.

Poor Mike.

It all became too much for him in the end.

Sadly while he was often away with the faeries his central argument is probably correct.

Scanning him quickly, he was essentially a strangely paranoid 9/11 Truther.

The human race is almost certainly doomed to destroy itself and will be lucky to make it to the end of the 21 century.

Wow, you're a wonderful barrel of laughs. Humanity has the potential capacity to annihilate itself and craps in its home, but some technological changes happening now could take the sting out of potential global conflict and economic/environmental disasters in the next few decades. There's always been doom mongers.

Well there's a difference between being pessimistic and not trusting what the government or corporate media says at face value, and being a paranoiac maniac who sees an evil world ending conspiracy behind everything, filling yourself up with deep despair, and shooting yourself.

I'd say there's going to be trouble ahead, but humans are too resourceful and numerous to kill off by the end of only the 21st century.

There's always been doom mongers.

And there have always been wars

I don't know of a major weapon that has been invented that has not been deployed in anger on a wide scale in conflict

It only takes one major nuclear exchange to send humanity back a thousand years and one all out nuclear exchange to more or less annihilate it

If you live in the UK you are dead meat under either scenario.

Moreover once the killing starts on a global scale all the evidence is that it is hard to stop as the events of 1914-18 and 1939-45 showed

Our politicians are way more reckless than those of the Cold War era who at least knew what a World War looked like.

The chimps in charge at the moment probably think they can spin nuclear armaggedon at their next focus group meeting

Western, Russian and Chinese leaders are dolts but not cretins, since even if not experienced at first hand I doubt they're deluded enough to use nukes - that'll be down to the more deranged terror groups and petty tyrants...

EDIT: Also nukes have been used in anger and that was enough to affect military decision making for potentially centuries to come due to the nukes being too destructive to be used meaningfully and if politicians entertain the thought of nuclear war, their generals and admirals would probably physically remove them from command.