House Price Crash Forum

Uk Inflation Falls To 1.6% In March

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27033602

The UK inflation rate as measured by the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) fell to 1.6% in March from 1.7% in February, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

It is the third consecutive month inflation has been below the Bank of England's 2% target rate, and the lowest rate since October 2009.

The largest contribution to the fall in the rate came from petrol prices.

The rate of Retail Prices Index (RPI) inflation also fell to 2.5% from 2.7%

Happy days, low inflation, low interest rates, booming economy. We've never had it so good.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's a runaway depression. Job losses and pay cuts ahoy.

Not according to the sky based news machine:

http://news.sky.com/...inflation-eases

"House Price Concern"

"The performance renewed fears the UK housing market is at risk of overheating though policymakers have repeatedly pledged to remain vigilant."

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

yeah, vigilant, if prices collapse they will print more money.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446

RBS Economic Insight@RBS_Economics 50m Only 3 UK regions have house prices that are past their previous peak according to ONS. pic.twitter.com/sjyw3wAIh5

BlQANX2CcAIiwcE.jpg

Can you see any problems for financial stability Mr Haldane?

No, CPI 1.6%, all looks tickety boo to me Mr Carney

Good, then we'll do nothing then Mr Haldane

There' s a noticeable absentee from that chart which would reveal the bubble's true extent: Northern Ireland (-45%).

HOLA447

Prices at unaffordable levels went up another 1.6% in the last 12 months.

It all depends how you view it !!!

I really do believe many people have personal deflation, e.g. heating turned off, driving slower, shopping at lower end super markets.

Deflation in property if you pay the interest only or not much more than, and extend the capital repayment term over a few future generations. ;)

HOLA448

RBS Economic Insight@RBS_Economics 50m Only 3 UK regions have house prices that are past their previous peak according to ONS. pic.twitter.com/sjyw3wAIh5

BlQANX2CcAIiwcE.jpg

Can you see any problems for financial stability Mr Haldane?

No, CPI 1.6%, all looks tickety boo to me Mr Carney

Good, then we'll do nothing then Mr Haldane

I think we know where that QE money ended up.

HOLA449

Not according to the sky based news machine:

http://news.sky.com/...inflation-eases

I watched that American stupid cow from Sky interview some dumfuk from the city about this in the same sentence as they mentioned CPI inflation being down and the cost of living now wonderfully being cheaper they told us that house price inflation for the year until Feb 2014 was at 9% ... and they ignored it as if it doesnt affect people.

Clearly joined up thinking isnt possible on the excuse for financial journalism that Sky now offers.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The ONS also published hpi today. Though this isn't relevant to an inflation thread :).

Late Easter being blamed for poor BRC retail numbers. I don't think the year on year is much use. Will have to wait until April..

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/economy-fragile-high-street-spending-005214599.html

'Figures from the British Retail Consortium show like-for-like sales dropped by 1.7% in March compared with the same period in 2013, with the later timing of Easter this year blamed for the fall. Online sales rose 12.8% last month, helped by the lack of Easter holidays, which tend to drive consumers out of the house and to the shops.

Meanwhile, for the three-month period to March, food sales were down 2.7% on the year before.'

HOLA4414

https://uk.finance.y...-005214599.html

'Figures from the British Retail Consortium show like-for-like sales dropped by 1.7% in March compared with the same period in 2013, with the later timing of Easter this year blamed for the fall. Online sales rose 12.8% last month, helped by the lack of Easter holidays, which tend to drive consumers out of the house and to the shops.

Meanwhile, for the three-month period to March, food sales were down 2.7% on the year before.'

Like a farmer milking his cattle.

I noticed some abominable advert the other day for 'Easter' involving a retailer trying to flog 'champagne'. Easter apparently is now a gastronomic binge after 40 days of lenten fasting. It's all gone pretty weird actually.

Edited by R K

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/economy-fragile-high-street-spending-005214599.html

Ta. Debenhams also slipped in with I think full year numbers that were dire I think -25% on a profit (not sure which profit number). More due to structural problems though i think. That Sports direct billionaire I think has stakes in both house of fraser and Debenhams. This is not advice.

Oh I spotted £5 for a 330g Mars easter egg in Morrison's. Cheap :) lots of profit there.

HOLA4420

Is that including property prices?? Sorry they are not included are they as houses are an investment but the new additional measure does include mortgage costs and has been created to take advantage of low interest rates.

Most of the country is still sub 2007.......actually 7 years of deflation smoothed. There would be very few regions, granted, that are now below CPI over the last year...may be the West Midlands.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4421

Simple Hants chart because the the ONS can't do a user friendly chart and they expert you to go digging for RPI...can't even see the CPI chart for March on the home page. Buried in bloody rubbish as usual.

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/finance/retailpricesindexandconsumerpriceindex.htm

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Simple Hants chart because the the ONS can't do a user friendly chart and they expert you to go digging for RPI...can't even see the CPI chart for March on the home page. Buried in bloody rubbish as usual.

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/finance/retailpricesindexandconsumerpriceindex.htm

I've heard a few times today that the cost of living has fallen when clearly the index is still rising.

HOLA4425

I watched that American stupid cow from Sky interview some dumfuk from the city about this in the same sentence as they mentioned CPI inflation being down and the cost of living now wonderfully being cheaper they told us that house price inflation for the year until Feb 2014 was at 9% ... and they ignored it as if it doesnt affect people.

Clearly joined up thinking isnt possible on the excuse for financial journalism that Sky now offers.

Thats Poppy Trowbridge.

A name that could almost have come from the brain of Chris Morris.

Almost.

But when up against Decadeeka Decadade and Kollaterly Sisters she got no chance.