House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Naked Yoga: The Bare Truth

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/naked-yoga-the-bare-truth-9259879.html

Being naked in front of a classroom is something most of us will only ever experience in our worst nightmares. Yet here I am about to embark on a Naked Yoga class with people who have paid good money to bare it all in a room full of strangers.

In a dimly lit studio in south-west London, we undress in the shadows before practising a couple of hours of meditative yoga in silence with eyes mercifully closed, before we slink back into our clothes and leave without uttering a word.

A big element of naked yoga, I'm told, is getting over body hang-ups and increasing confidence. Speaking to people who teach it and practise it, it sounds like an intensive form of psychotherapy.

Naked yoga is a critique of consumerism, which says that when we strip down, we're all the same. Designer yoga gym shorts won't save you. Here, your body – or perhaps your soul – is the only currency that counts.

So anyone fancy letting it all hang out whilst doing yoga?

It's South West London, and that says it all! :huh:

Sounded so cool, and as I'm not ashamed of my body it seemed quite appealing..... until I saw they charged £75!

Nobody has paid £75 to see my body for some time, although I am a long way from Westminster now! :blink:

Naked is good, as long as it's warm enough I like that I am "as nature intended", no tattoos, jewellery or watch, however briefly, mostly ten mins after a shower. It feels "right", a return to our natural state for millions of years.

Naked yoga sounds good to me, but not naked in the company of strangers.

Nobody has paid £75 to see my body for some time, although I am a long way from Westminster now! :blink:

I'd be OK with strangers paying me £75 to see me doing yoga naked, not sure why anyone would want to though. Unfortunately the article says you have to pay £75 to perform yoga naked in the company of others.

How many people look fabulous naked?

Maybe 1%?

Then there are maybe 10% more that are on a spectrum from very nice to ok, the rest could all wear burquas and spare the world!

I don't see the point of naked yoga, it would be very uncomfortable for some postures for a man.

Sounded so cool, and as I'm not ashamed of my body it seemed quite appealing..... until I saw they charged £75!

It says £75 for four 1.45 hour sessions. For south west London that's probably not too bad.

Do men not practice nude yoga...or is this an excuse? B)

Like I said, I doubt if it would be comfortable, you could end up crushing or abrading things you wouldn't want to.

It certainly is amazing.

Although, technically, it isn't solitary when I am hiding in the bushes and watching.

Must be turning into a spectator sport then, there were some cows watching the other day too.

:P

Hilarious.

Naked yoga appears to make vaginas seal up judging by one of the pics?

Aye they have a habit of doing that, when it's your roond, and yer wallet disnae open! :blink:

Yeah, look at the size of her feet.

Definitely slav with those legs.

What's wrong with the legs and feet? :blink:

Is this your way of telling us you 'like' amputees?

I was actually looking at a naked lady with legs and feet, not a broken statue! :blink:

Very good.

But turning to the pics themselves, whilst I can see the woman is quite fit, the poses make the whole experience of looking at them quite unsexy. Maybe it's the neanderthal in me but I think I might need more obvious poses to turn me on. But then I've never mistaken someone's attentions and acted inappropriately. :D

Looking at them is probably no more sexy than a beautiful naked sculpture.

450px-Aphrodite_of_Cnidus.Munich.jpg

Are you a wrist man or an ankle man? Pure filth!