House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Endeavour

I shall maybe purchase this televising instrument before the end of the century! :blink:

I wish to be entertained, educated, and informed! ;)

I shall maybe purchase this televising instrument before the end of the century! :blink:

Watch it MrPin. You won't be disappointed!

I recommend one of these, from a Mr Baird.

Baird%20Televisor.JPG

I recommend one of these, from a Mr Baird.

Baird%20Televisor.JPG

A tv with a safe for your money and a huge fan on the back! Where can I get one?

Have only seen one episode - the pilot one, I think. If that was the one that played out with the near tear-jerking look in the rear view mirror where he sees himself as the John Thaw character in later life. I shall check out more.

On the subject of quality crime drama..

Something else I watched recently which I thought was very good - Inspector DeLuca

Set in Mussolini's time and subtitled - production values and plotting very similar to a Christie Poirot story.

I'm learning Italian so it was of special interest to see how I'm getting on, but I found myself really enjoying it - it's a very easy watch and very well done.

An up vote from the Stug as well.

I'd also recommend

1. Salamander - Flemish crime drama

2. Spiral (engraganges or something) French police squad type drama. Very gritty.

3. The Wire. If you havent seen it, get the box set. Its as close as a tv drama can get to how a major crimes unit actually functions in a politicized police force.

It gets very depressing when telly starts doing 'historical drama's' which cover an age when you are actually alive (albeit very young).

Quite often I would watch and think "it was like that but then again it wasn't."

Which makes you wonder if every historical period is the same (obviously is because no one was actually there).

I've seen a few clips and thought this is "Heartbeat for intellectuals" but will try and actually watch a few episodes.

Thought the first series was superb. Current one, not as good, but still the best thing around at the moment.

I liked the dark twist at the end of yesterday's one..