House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iLegallyBlonde

North West - Liverpool/wirral Area ?

The agents are all claiming they are pricing the houses keenly and that vendor are achieving close to the asking price but the market is quiet and that's to be expected at this time of year.

Any thoughts or experience ???

Seems strange - the Market is quiet and yet right move say house prices are up and there was NO CRASH!

Well in my part of town AIGBURTH. Detatched and Semi-Detached are falling heavily

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ched/l/L17.html

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ched/l/L17.html

Terraced are moderatly rising.

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...aced/l/L17.html

Flats though, certainly around Sefton Park are going through the roof!!!

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/flats/l/L17.html

The look at liverpool shows that the FLATS/LUXURY APARTMENT sector is keeping prices high.

Yet Look at the city centre for flats and its PLUMMETING!!!!

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/flats/l/L2.html

On the whole though. The market is DEAD. The crash IS happening and just keep pluing away at those offers WELL BELOW asking price. I have seen a lot of properties in L16 up for £160-180K selling for £120-130K - the agents still seem to put silly asking prices on the housing. They are there to allow a 10% drop. The buyer thinks he has a bargain but the feckers are still 20K up on last sold.

WHY DOES EVERYONE SEEM TO THINK THEIR HOUSE IS WORTH THE CEILING PRICE FOR THAT AREA?????

Use upmystrret to analyse your area - its quite revealing.

TB

This is what I cannot get my head around, there's a house stood empty in West Kirby that was bought in July 2004 for £270k, we are semi interested in it but the asking price is £334k I mean WTF ???

I just cannot see how their (EA's) logic works, do they pick a number times it by 2 and divide by 100 ??????

I just cannot see how their (EA's) logic works, do they pick a number times it by 2 and divide by 100 ??????

No mate times by 100 and divide by 2!

You dont actually state what type of property it is. After looking at upmystreet for West Kirby you will find that you may be suffering the same headache I am at the moment.

Since q3 of 2002 Semi's have continued to drop to an average £180K from £210K

Since q1 of 2004 Flats have continued to rise to £190K from £105K <<<< EEK!!! :unsure:

Since q3 of 2003 Terraced continued to rise to £200K from £108K <<<<< EEK!!!! MORE!!!!! :o

If you are looking at a semi then I believe you have a good case to go into the EA's and say justify that price you turds!!!! I aint buying a FLAT and I aint buying a terrace so STOP passing on HPI (House Price Inflation) to an area thats is actually declining!!!!

If you are buying a flat or terrace - your f*cked!!

TB

The agents are all claiming they are pricing the houses keenly and that vendor are achieving close to the asking price but the market is quiet and that's to be expected at this time of year.

Any thoughts or experience ???

Phew..how much time have you got :P

OK..L`pool..The Big Dig, not a cat in hell`s chance that all these developments will be finished for this mythical and magical timescale relating to this capital of culture nonsense, I came out of Moorfields station yesterday on the way to the Bank and was faced by the empty yet to start exchange flags development which the owners are using to simply blackmail the council with, what a mess.

Anyhow, chat with bank manager, old school, still sees the BTL phenonema as baffling, despite the fact the`ve lent fortunes to Irish speculators that see L`pool as v. cheap in relation to Ireland.

City centre of L`pool will have the biggest falls in value nationally IMHO it is, to quote Charlie the moderator, the classic Potemkin society unerpinned by fiat currency.

Off to the Venmores auction on Monday, purely for research.

As for the Wirral the highest paid jobs are in the public sector, cannot support some of the absurd prices, although I have noticed houses anything above 300 sticking, anything above 500 no chance unless you reduce by 70k minimum, above 650..liars poker.

Where you from terrified? I`m in Hoylake, pm me if you want to discuss off air ;)

Phew..how much time have you got :P

OK..L`pool..The Big Dig, not a cat in hell`s chance that all these developments will be finished for this mythical and magical timescale relating to this capital of culture nonsense, I came out of Moorfields station yesterday on the way to the Bank and was faced by the empty yet to start exchange flags development which the owners are using to simply blackmail the council with, what a mess.

Anyhow, chat with bank manager, old school, still sees the BTL phenonema as baffling, despite the fact the`ve lent fortunes to Irish speculators that see L`pool as v. cheap in relation to Ireland.

City centre of L`pool will have the biggest falls in value nationally IMHO it is, to quote Charlie the moderator, the classic Potemkin society unerpinned by fiat currency.

Off to the Venmores auction on Monday, purely for research.

As for the Wirral the highest paid jobs are in the public sector, cannot support some of the absurd prices, although I have noticed houses anything above 300 sticking, anything above 500 no chance unless you reduce by 70k minimum, above 650..liars poker.

Where you from terrified? I`m in Hoylake, pm me if you want to discuss off air ;)

Hello,

We are currently renting in thurstaston, a stunning house but with awful neighbours otherwise i'd stay here renting forever.

We have the children in a local school, having taken them out of Mostyn House - another tread but my goodness - anyway i need to stay west kirby/caldy/thurstaston/heswall - least favourite or irby/gayton at a push

Hello,

We are currently renting in thurstaston, a stunning house but with awful neighbours otherwise i'd stay here renting forever.

We have the children in a local school, having taken them out of Mostyn House - another tread but my goodness - anyway i need to stay west kirby/caldy/thurstaston/heswall - least favourite or irby/gayton at a push

Am I right in recalling that you have 40K deposit to put into a property and are looking at houses circa 300K? If so stay renting and, if my take on your reply here is correct, stay trolling :P 40K and sending your kids to one of the most expensive private schools in the area :lol::lol::lol: nice try :P

Am I right in recalling that you have 40K deposit to put into a property and are looking at houses circa 300K? If so stay renting and, if my take on your reply here is correct, stay trolling :P 40K and sending your kids to one of the most expensive private schools in the area :lol::lol::lol: nice try :P

The fact that we have bugger all deposit and are looking up to £300 is linked to the fact that the girls are in M.H., they have all our money :P

I think we will rent until the PIL pop the cloggs, although they are fit and healthy buggers

The fact that we have bugger all deposit and are looking up to £300 is linked to the fact that the girls are in M.H., they have all our money :P

I think we will rent until the PIL pop the cloggs, although they are fit and healthy buggers

I can give you a heads up on a 6 bed semi in Meols, main road but at 230K not bad IMHO. You`d have to spend 30K to get it right, good opportunity ;)

I can give you a heads up on a 6 bed semi in Meols, main road but at 230K not bad IMHO. You`d have to spend 30K to get it right, good opportunity ;)

Wow sounds good, what's the garden like, we have two visla's so the garden is as important as the house, anyway my email is angelachill@hotmail.com

Thanks