House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Marathon Running & The Call Of Nature

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/10752133/10-things-no-one-tells-you-before-you-run-the-London-Marathon.html

This chap claims that you can drop your guts as much as three times before the race...is this true? I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without fouling myself..If I ever managed to ever qualify for any marathon, people would be washed away by my gatherings...

"Having stayed off the booze for three months during your training"

I have an instant distrust of this man.

On the pish front - I recently found out why you get that nervous pee desire. When your blood pressure is raised one of your bodies ways of lowering it is to empty your bladder. Also the reason why you instantly feel the need for a pish if you get into cold water, and why you are told not to measure your blood pressure if you need the toilet.

I have also had to stop a few times during a run for a dump. Always carry a wee bit of bog roll with me just in case.

Off just now for a 15k run as training for a half. I will let you know if I had any movements en route.

:D

No dump or pish.

Stunning morning by the sea. 15k run in 4.35 km time.

Lovely. :)

Christ. That's foul. Buy a bungalow.

And you! Don't buy the one next door! :blink:

I take a shite every day, but I generally only run when I'm in close proximity to large, hungry carnivores.

Next time a grizzly-bear chases me, I'll let you all know how well my alimentary canal holds up...

XYY

I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without fouling myself..

Does your diet consist entirely of beer and fibrous foods?

I've thought of several other possible responses, but I don't dare.

:)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/10752133/10-things-no-one-tells-you-before-you-run-the-London-Marathon.html

This chap claims that you can drop your guts as much as three times before the race...is this true? I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without fouling myself..If I ever managed to ever qualify for any marathon, people would be washed away by my gatherings...

Are you on the Guiness and Albran diet?

Abbot ale and pizzas does it for me!

If you are aching for a crap, and just about to run a marathon, I'd suggest not running! If you are a bit of an optimist, just think there's a portaloo 26 miles up the road, and you might win. :o

Nothing worse than entering the Mall in second place (with a BBC camera bike just behind you), then realising you need an urgent turnout.

I am a Guinness fan, although without fail, the next morning my guts want to escape...

I'd prefer Pin's suggestion of Abbot Ale.

God made us all! Some of us are brewers. Therefore, by drinking ale we are somehow "doing God's work".

I sometimes feel the extra pint will keep it out of the hands of drunkards, and brawlers!

And by doing so, I have done "good" to the World

Can you correct my logic? ;)

God made us all! Some of us are brewers. Therefore, by drinking ale we are somehow "doing God's work".

I sometimes feel the extra pint will keep it out of the hands of drunkards, and brawlers!

And by doing so, I have done "good" to the World

Can you correct my logic? ;)

Abbot is hard to beat and you can even get it here.

The OH is off to Malaysia next weekend as several family members are gathering there. I'm home alone so I may buy 8 cans to console me in my solitude ;)

Abbot is hard to beat and you can even get it here.

The OH is off to Malaysia next weekend as several family members are gathering there. I'm home alone so I may buy 8 cans to console me in my solitude ;)

If you want to hit 26 pints you need to try to keep even splits. If you overdo it in the early pints you'll pay for it later on.

If you want to hit 26 pints you need to try to keep even splits. If you overdo it in the early pints you'll pay for it later on.

Aw, mon! You are a worser boozer than the Pin! :blink: