House Price Crash Forum

Panorama: Don't Cap My Benefits On Bbc1 Now About People Being Effectively Expelled From London.

kjw

HOLA441

Heads up... on Panorama now ... yet more London boroughs... due to obscene private rents for even a room let alone a one- or two-bed flat and decades of deliberate flogging and sabotage of the social housing sector....

Dumping the unemployed and low-paid workers in Birmingham [in houses/flats, and sometimes the flophouses] and elsewhere, often away from free childcare and support networks.... and, in some cases, forcing them to leave their jobs... :angry:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Dumping the unemployed and low-paid workers in Birmingham [in houses/flats, and sometimes the flophouses] and elsewhere, often away from free childcare and support networks.... and, in some cases, forcing them to leave their jobs... :angry:

Kosovo-style ethnic cleansing. Well done General Mladic-Johnson!

HOLA444

Heads up... on Panorama now ... yet more London boroughs... due to obscene private rents for even a room let alone a one- or two-bed flat and decades of deliberate flogging and sabotage of the social housing sector....

I cant afford to live in London, and would love to get £25000 free per year, as would many other people, many working couples don't get that much.

HOLA445

Yes but if we flip this, if someone working (full 40 hours) can't afford to live where they want due to the ridiculous cost of property why should someone who doesn't work choose? I hope this comes accross as a warning to those who think freeloading on benefits is easystreet, so apply yourself. These people are desperate to stay in the dump that is brent. I'd take anywhere else :)

Again its also highlights (as it appears to me) the biggest drain on taxpayers money is those in work via WTC not those outside it. Also if you are going to knock out a football team of kids don't expect others to pay for them. They end up being the victims in all this.

HOLA446
HOLA447

More conservative propaganda.

What about the biggest benefits claimants of all?

Where are the programs about Landlords using housing benifits to go on cruises? The royal family pissing money on private helicopters? MP's expenses? quango directors pensions?

It's just more election propaganda sponsored by the conservatives. I can't be bothered to look up the program makers/film directors but there is a 99% certainty that there are links to the conservatives.

HOLA448

The overall all impression I got was that there seems to be hardly any ethnically white British people in Brent. Actually even the white people in the programme mostly seemed not to be of British origin.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The overall all impression I got was that there seems to be hardly any ethnically white British people in Brent. Actually even the white people in the programme mostly seemed not to be of British origin.

Even in 1991 Brent was nearly majority non-white. If the 1991 census divided white into white british/irish/other, white brits would have been a minority there...even then (irish born in 1991 in Brent were a full 9% of the LA's population). So nothing new there.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

IMO a horrible program to bring out the worst in the viewing public. I think it succeeded in its aims of vilifying the poorest and most vulnerable.

I agree that it is all very agenda motivated and there are other things going on that are much worse. However giving someone £800 a week for working 16 hours min. wage is not helping anyone and needs dealing with.

HOLA4415

I agree that it is all very agenda motivated and there are other things going on that are much worse. However giving someone £800 a week for working 16 hours min. wage is not helping anyone and needs dealing with.

To be honest the question is not why are we giving them £800 a week. But why the heck do they need an additional £800 a week just to be able to live in an absolute ****hole. It should be dirt cheap not expensive.

HOLA4416

To be honest the question is not why are we giving them £800 a week. But why the heck do they need an additional £800 a week just to be able to live in an absolute ****hole. It should be dirt cheap not expensive.

Could it be it is that expensive because we are giving them the £800 a week.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

To most people outside of the abomination that is the London/SE housing market these numbers are simply incredible.

It has zero to do with the individuals and everything to do with subsidising the landowners however much the program was clearly designed to stigmatise ethnic brits / immigrant populations.

I imagine if the BBC existed in 1930s Germany that is the sort of program they would be making. Capos in the housing dept. following orders from IDS and the Mayor to ensure the cleansing policy runs to schedule.

It truly is another country and a really f*cked up one at that.

HOLA4420

To most people outside of the abomination that is the London/SE housing market these numbers are simply incredible.

It has zero to do with the individuals and everything to do with subsidising the landowners however much the program was clearly designed to stigmatise ethnic brits / immigrant populations.

I imagine if the BBC existed in 1930s Germany that is the sort of program they would be making. Capos in the housing dept. following orders from IDS and the Mayor to ensure the cleansing policy runs to schedule.

It truly is another country and a really f*cked up one at that.

Hmmm....

How does kicking out the tenants of the rent seeking landlords help subsidise said landlords? Does not compute.

HOLA4421

I was running an errand last week and drove through the middle of Wembley. I was stopped in traffic in front of Wembley Central tube, and was struck by how there was literally not a single white person in sight, out of perhaps a hundred on the street. It has to be one of the least ethnically diverse places in England.

HOLA4422

Yes, why is it so expensive to live there? ;)

HOLA4423

speaking as someone who as worked for 20years. i don't get paid 500 a week and if you cant afford to live in london hard luck. get over it. I also wish i could claim tax credits but i cant . i think is should be much simpler

if your on a low wage you get to keep a lot more of your money. in return tax credit system should be thrown in the bin as it is to complicated and to open to fraud.

child benefit should end after two kids. after that they your responsibility.

education should be free for all

child care free for all.

Dole money should be based on minimum wage and if you contributed and paid tax before. Half the minimum wage should be statue minimum and extra 'topped up to minimum wage' will be paid on time limited bases on how manny years your contributed in the past. 'this would encourage people to get jobs

HOLA4424

You need to think about the long game.

Stop benefits, drive them out of London and dump them somewhere north. Step 1 acheived.

But then.......... Rents fall, greedy BTL landlords can't cover the fianance cost of the property, houses fall in price for the big boys to buy by the sack load. Makeover and sell to white, aspiring idiots who think today's low interest rates mean they can afford a house that's going to wipe them out.

Step 3 - push up interest rates, rinse and repeat. Eventually anyone who has massive equity in their unmortgaged house sells up at daft tprices , moves out and lives in Birmingham or Wakefield on the proceeds.

End result - no-one to operate the tube, drive the buses, sweep the streets unless they're on 100 grand a year. Serves you right Boris.

HOLA4425

IMO a horrible program to bring out the worst in the viewing public. I think it succeeded in its aims of vilifying the poorest and most vulnerable.

Absolutely. Unfortunately you see a lot of this here on HPC too, with many people here ready to beat up people on benefits at the first opportunity. It's a simple truth that most people on benefits would rather not be on them or are on them through no fault of their own: i'ts not the fault of someone receiving tax credits that governments (the "puppeticians" of the plutocrats) consider it more important to use taxpayer money to subsidise incomes in order that corporations can pay low wages and increase their bottom line, than it is to introduce a living wage.

Anyone who falls for the "benefit scrounger scum" line peddled day in day out by the media is a "useful idiot," being slowly but surely co-opted to the plutocrat agenda: in this case the plan to slowly but surely whittle the welfare state down to nothing.

The point here is not "I can't afford to live in London so why should benefit scum," the point is that London is being ethnically cleansed of all (working and non-working) but the rich as the disgusting Boris and his repugnant plutocrats buddies transform the city from a place that was once lively, bright, vibrant and exciting into a fossilised, playground for the super-wealthy/investment vehicle.

One last word re people on benefits. Before you're tempted to slag them off too much it might be best to remember the old saying "there but for the Grace of God go I."

People tell me that I'm slightly Odd...

itsarandomworld