House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddie_George

David Cameron: 'jesus Invented The Big Society – I'm Just Continuing God's Work'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-claims-jesus-invented-the-big-society--he-is-just-continuing-gods-work-9250449.html

David Cameron has claimed divine inspiration was at work when it came to drafting a key concept for Conservative Party policy.

Speaking last night at his Easter reception in Downing Street, the Prime Minister reportedly said he was simply doing God’s work when he launched the “Big Society” initiative of volunteering and civic responsibility.

“Jesus invented the Big Society 2,000 years ago,” Mr Cameron said. “I just want to see more of it.”

After the religious vote now is he?

Oh dear, has someone been importing US spin doctors again.

The cool thing about this is that it doesn't matter if you're a believer or not to think that Cameron is a massive c*** for saying it.

The cool thing about this is that it doesn't matter if you're a believer or not to think that Cameron is a massive c*** for saying it.

was that c*** masculine or feminine :D

so true...dont they lock people up for making this sort of claim?

Or maybe that was the claim "I am Napoleon!"

Which is odd given that he's got so much to be humble about.

How many humble Old Etonians have you met or seen on the television?

It must be something they put in the water at the school.

What is God's work exactly?

Is it possible for a man to do God's work? Or does he have to claim divine powers before he can so do?

I get the feeling that as God's workmanship we are meant to do good work. But I don't think we can do God's work as it were.

"Anything I say it is!" said Humpty Dumpty! :blink:

He's not so keen on the loaves & fishes thing though is he.

Every now and then in my life, I experience an "I wish I'd said that" moment.

Reading your comment was one of them.

Thank you Mr R K - for eloquently, subtly, and succinctly summing up that mincing guzzler of the Devil's nob-feta in a way my colourful North-Eastern street patois could never hope to emulate.

XYY