House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Estate Agents On The Job

Heads Up!

'The work of Estate Agents is put under the spotlight' in this first part of a six-parter.

Mayfair-based Gary, who comes across as a grandiose creep...is documentary gold..

Radio Times.

I'll be watching, they all seem like total bell ends. What a surprise!

Quote from trailer:

Interviewer: "Isn't the customer always right?"

EA: "No, not in this game."

Couldn't watch much of that. What tedious pedestrian lives. Feel quite sorry for them really. One of them used to do the washing up for a living. A minor step up.

Couldn't watch much of that. What tedious pedestrian lives. Feel quite sorry for them really. One of them used to do the washing up for a living. A minor step up.

step down..i think you mean.

Bint from pity me wound me up. They all seem really thick. And the guy from Exeter MUST have been putting it on. Just too much like David Brent and the office........

I'll be watching, they all seem like total bell ends. What a surprise!

Quote from trailer:

Interviewer: "Isn't the customer always right?"

EA: "No, not in this game."

They are generally bell ends and creeps. Nobody wants to be an EE, it's something they fell into and can't do anything else now.

They show people around houses and lie to them for a living.

Exeter is expensive I'm seeing at least 5% asking prices for older builds and 10% for New build's since I looked last year. When he put the house on at £220,000 I thought no chance at that price it was a lot even it did not need work.

The sold price went for £202,500 not 205,000 just can't trust them or like them.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=27586617&sale=50064023&country=england

Is that the house where someone offered 200k and the EA said to them "We're giving it away at £205k to be honest. If I didn't think it was worth £205k, I'd tell you." The buyer then agreed £205k and then promptly pulled out. Liars, the lot of them.

to damn all EAs is short sighted.

in all walks of life there are the good and the bad. the problem EAs have they are dealing with a lot of money and emotions run high on both sides.

having said that Gary was something else, but he has to deal with property developers who turn round and say I think this property is worth 15 to 20 million, when he's asking 27 million. are they going to meet in the middle, I don't think so.

some of the properties he was viewing were gopping, no accounting for taste.

I find some of the ire for EA’s baffling. In London, my experience having bought one and rented around 5 properties is pretty positive, the professional highly regarded agents (Foxtons, Savills etc) are honest and good communicators and openly admit they are working for owners. The one I purchased my flat from expressed views on the housing market that most people here would probably agree with

They are only a problem when they see themselves as being more than agents, ie. people who put up photos on a website, take phone calls and show people around. The bad ones seem to be ‘property consultants’ and BS merchants who will compromise their reputation by trying to keep everyone happy and playing Chinese whispers

Not their fault they’re playing the mad property game, if anything lower prices would be more transactions so probably more fees overall.

NB. I didn’t see the programme! Sounds like London probably not typical of what EA’s do.

to damn all EAs is short sighted.

I didn't think the program painted a very sympathetic picture of EAs. But that's reality TV - none of it is real. In my experience, the vast majority of middle-aged EAs and female EAs come across as decent, honest and hard-working. The male EA in their twenties and thirties, not so much so.

Exeter is expensive I'm seeing at least 5% asking prices for older builds and 10% for New build's since I looked last year. When he put the house on at £220,000 I thought no chance at that price it was a lot even it did not need work.

The sold price went for £202,500 not 205,000 just can't trust them or like them.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=27586617&sale=50064023&country=england

If I recall correctly the 'buyer' at £205,000 pulled out and they said something vague like "It's had another offer close to the original one." then at some point later it was quoted as selling for £202,500.

Did anyone watch this program.

I saw it being talked about on the One ( brain cell ) show and had to be restrained from kicking the tele.

The BBc are in propaganda over-drive...the market must be tanking quicker than a Russian invasion force.

Anyone watch this last night? One of the 'top end' estate agents was saying all of the media hype was absolute rubbish and it made his job difficult due to unrealistic expectations on price. Also a Walthamstow agent complaining about rentals being a lot of work for not much money (for them) :D

Also had quite a tasty lady EA, I love a redhead.