House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Bbc News

What constitutes news ?

What should make the front page of the BBC news website ?

Well, I just saw this and was most surprised:

bbc.jpg

Is that news ? Is this crap what people are paying a license fee for ?

it certainly re-enforces my view that the BBc has a definite pro-housing market agenda.

As an aside...would you take buying tips from an estate agent ?

if you dare click on the link you get:

"The average house now costs £254,000 and some experts are predicting prices will increase quickly."

( no mention on what index this is or that the land registry is 100K less than this ).

who are these experts ? How do they expect prices to rise ?

Shameful.

post-10812-0-42322800-1397060060_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

What constitutes news ?

bbc.jpg

it certainly re-enforces my view that the BBc has a definite pro-housing market agenda.

if you dare click on the link you get:

"The average house now costs £254,000 and some experts are predicting prices will increase quickly."

( no mention on what index this is or that the land registry is 100K less than this ).

They don't need to proof anything. It is common knowledge that house prices always go up. Buy something now before you miss the boat. :P

Edit: spelling (can't type!)

Edited by renting til I die

They don't need to proof anything. It is common knowledge that house always go up. Buy something now before you miss the boat. :P

ok.

Can i sue them if I loose a fortune based on their experts comments ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

ok.

And if you win, guess who pays the fine?

What constitutes news ?

Which leads to this story in a consumer section of their website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/26893593

The average house now costs £254,000 and some experts are predicting prices will increase quickly.

As plug for new BBC documentary, but to me such average house prices numbers should startle owners, and have them look to sell. Cash out. Downsize. Go rent for a while.

To others worry it makes people want to get out their and bid more, and such people are always innocent, unable to realise quarter million pounds is a lot of money for average house, and at no fault for expecting more HPI. The blessed victims.

That's because too many people want to sacrifice their lives/other peoples lives, in exchange for saving other people from their decisions. Just like in 2009 when people went into meltdown about over-borrowed victims, conveniently the bail-out saving outright owners and multiple property owners from losing much value, reflated back soon after. New peaks here thanks to such mental weakness and excuses for other people's decisions to take on huge debt.

As plug for new BBC documentary, but to me such average house prices numbers should startle owners, and have them look to sell. Cash out. Downsize. Go rent for a while.

To others worry it makes people want to get out their and bid more, and such people are always innocent, unable to realise quarter million pounds is a lot of money for average house, and at no fault for expecting more HPI. The blessed victims.

Agree, I'm losing count of the number of people telling me how wrong I was for predicting a crash in house prices and how we have had the correction and everything is fine and dandy!

The numbers were silly in 2010, I wonder how much sillier they can get!

Edited by renting til I die

ok.

No, but you can be safe in the knowledge that the bank that loaned you the mortgage to buy the overpriced shoebox will be backed by the taxpayer 100%! Doesn't that make you feel better......?

There is an Estate Agents reality TV series starting tonight (BBC2 now, if you dare!), so a little bit of tangential promotion.

More shame....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

"

Boom 'spreads' and Miller 'farce'

Soaring house prices make the front of two newspapers, while others digest the resignation of Culture Secretary Maria Miller and most go to town with pictures of Prince George."

It's nothing short of propaganda.

What constitutes news ?

bbc.jpg

45.10 if you can stomach it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04000fk/the-one-show-09042014

Full on ramp mode on the six clock news. Shortage of plots, supply, etc..

wink to camera, better fill your boots!

Edited by aSecureTenant

I was curious who writes these articles for the BBC News site, and following an extremely non-scientific google search of a couple where the writers are named it appears they outsource most of it to jobbing scribes.

I doubt any of the articles are written by anyone who could be described as an 'expert' in their subject (whatever that might mean in any event).

It's not real life. News is for muppets. Ignore.

edit: typo (perhaps I should be a journo)

Edited by R K