HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Nothing mind crushingly banal but a toss up between

"Can't wait for bed tonight, I'm pooped after all the fresh air"

And

"Really want red wine and blue cheese"

There were photos of a leader of a political party and a world champion boxer so not all my 'friends' are completely dull. Honest.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

"Got my personal paper work down from two filing cabinet drawer to two A4 ring binders."

You know, I like that... IF it was meant in a highly ironic, dry, p*ss-takey way. Sadly I think it was probably posted by the sort of person who shows you a picture of their lunch, after asking everyone what they should have.

My current "argh" with Facebook is couples that hold conversations over Facebook. "Honey, our weekend was so fantastic, I can't believe how lucky I am to have the best boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husand in the WHOLE WORLD!" Ok, so I know it's meant for out benefit, not theirs, but don't they speak at home or have personal email accounts?

HOLA449

My current "argh" with Facebook is couples that hold conversations over Facebook. "Honey, our weekend was so fantastic, I can't believe how lucky I am to have the best boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husand in the WHOLE WORLD!" Ok, so I know it's meant for out benefit, not theirs, but don't they speak at home or have personal email accounts?

+1

Now that is my pet peeve. Relationships conducted over Facebook, sometimes conversations when both must be in the same room!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

+2

At least the arguments over Facebook are funny.

+3 although my particular couple wouldn't argue on FB, as that would dispel the myth that their's is the best relationship ever. This week he thanked her for his birthday present, which was a mountain bike, posted a picture and they commented together. Didn't he say anything to her at the time she wheeled it into the house?

I rarely post on FB unless I've got something useful to say, but I'm thinking of doing some Anti-Facebook photo's, instead of pretending like everyone else that I'm always handgliding off the Eiffel Tower, I'll do a photo montage of a Saturday afternoon, hoovering, washing the car, then off to the Supermarket. Because no one else ever does that.

HOLA4413
I'll do a photo montage of a Saturday afternoon, hoovering, washing the car, then off to the Supermarket. Because no one else ever does that.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just close your FB account rather than wasting your time attempting to wind up sad people who feel they have to post their whole boring life on FB?

---

HOLA4414

Wouldn't it make more sense to just close your FB account rather than wasting your time attempting to wind up sad people who feel they have to post their whole boring life on FB?

---

No, because used correctly, Facebook is extemely useful especially when you have friends and family scattered all over the place.

HOLA4415

I rarely post on FB unless I've got something useful to say, but I'm thinking of doing some Anti-Facebook photo's, instead of pretending like everyone else that I'm always handgliding off the Eiffel Tower, I'll do a photo montage of a Saturday afternoon, hoovering, washing the car, then off to the Supermarket. Because no one else ever does that.

I've tried that and basically irony doesn't work. Facebook is incredibly trivial anyway, so posts like this would get lots of likes and comments such "me too, just finished hoovering/washing myself lol"

HOLA4416

I've tried that and basically irony doesn't work. Facebook is incredibly trivial anyway, so posts like this would get lots of likes and comments such "me too, just finished hoovering/washing myself lol"

"LOL" Yeh ok, point taken. It's a niche market, that one.

HOLA4417
Facebook is extemely useful especially when you have friends and family scattered all over the place.

I have friends and family spread over 2 continents but they all have a phone and an email address, so I don't see any need at all for Facebook.

---

HOLA4418

I have friends and family spread over 2 continents but they all have a phone and an email address, so I don't see any need at all for Facebook.

Some people post things that are amusing or interesting.. I like to have a passing flick through just to see what people are up to.

It's a lazy mans way to keep in touch with people you wouldn't normally have the time or inclination to call.

HOLA4419

Some people post things that are amusing or interesting..

I get that via email from friends too, I can't say I would want even more of that...

I like to have a passing flick through just to see what people are up to.

It's a lazy mans way to keep in touch with people you wouldn't normally have the time or inclination to call.

I wouldn't call that 'keeping in touch', it rather reminds me of nosy curtain-twitching neighbours that keep tabs on you (or you on them)...

---

HOLA4420

Just had this.

Well what a revelation that Mitch my new apprentice has turned out to be. Don't believe everything that you hear about teenagers. 100% punctuality! He works hard! He's proactive and gets on with work and he's keen to learn. He's great . My only concern, as I'm 50 years old, is 50% of his music choice. At least we agree with the other 50% and have music blaring in the pick up. Roll on Britains got Talent when we sing! And does anyone know what the word Yo mean? I hear him say it on the phone to his mates lol. Does it mean hello or is he sparking to someone who is Dutch?

In fact that is another peeve of Facebook. Businesses that promote themselves on Facebook and think we need every bit of detail or titbit about running it.

HOLA4421

I particularly love the ones where one half of a couple has a fight on FB. All their friends 'like' the post.

One has been doing this for ages.

Her husband has bitten back yesterday.

it's like watching a digital car crash.

Archived