House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

Another Ukip Rentier In Trouble

This proposed windfarm is near me and I was all for it. I might oppose it now. Anyway he has said he doesn't stand to benefit financially as he says the land belongs to his family

http://www.huffingto...html?1396972163

The Ukip MEP was accused of "total hypocrisy" amid claims that he could make £60,000-a-year from three 300ft wind turbines being built on land he was linked to on Slaithwaite Moor near Huddersfield, even though Ukip is fiercely opposed to them as a party.

UKIP MP William Dartmouth is also known Earl of Dartmouth. :blink:

UKIP does seem to have a lot of rentiers on its books.

Edited by aSecureTenant

This proposed windfarm is near me and I was all for it. I might oppose it now. Anyway he has said he doesn't stand to benefit financially as he says the land belongs to his family

http://www.huffingto...html?1396972163

UKIP MP William Dartmouth is also known Earl of Dartmouth. :blink:

UKIP does seem to have a lot of rentiers on its books.

Yes, the worst kind! The rentiers Labour and Conservatives wouldn't let in, so they started their own party and use Europe & race to win votes from the sheeple.

Yes, the worst kind! The rentiers Labour and Conservatives wouldn't let in, so they started their own party and use Europe & race to win votes from the sheeple.

Only in the UK could you have a 'protest party' consisting of landowners, aristocrats, BTL and wind farm owners! :lol:

Call me immoral but if some one forced me to take £60,000 a year they wouldn't have to twist my arm that hard. Just wonder who it is that can make these decisions to just give £60,000 of tax payers money.Sounds almost like a stitch up. Something to be rolled out at the next election when someone mentions the £1,000 a day Cameron's father in law gets.

I wish I was such a threat to the establishment so one would come round and bribe me.

Edited by gf3

UKIP won't be anything different to the troughers that we already have. They'll be filling their boots as soon as they walk through the doors at Westminster. The first question will be so I how do I fill in this expenses form.

I bet there are loads of people that can't wait to get 1,000's of pounds a year for renting their land out when HS2 crosses their land, or will they be treated differently. :unsure:

I bet there are loads of people that can't wait to get 1,000's of pounds a year for renting their land out when HS2 crosses their land, or will they be treated differently. :unsure:

Its funny on the HIGNFY cartoon title sequence now they have the HS2 snaking across the countryside and houses being demolished and then makes an elaborate detour around the country mansion.

In fact its why towns like Northampton are on a crappy branch line, because they didn't want the railway to run through the Althorp estate (originally) so for a while it was bypassed.

Wouldn't surprise me if the HS2 is so expensive is because it is routed to maximise the payments to rentiers and aristocratic land owners. Its the only way to get anything done in this damn country.

Nationalise their land and give them a council house I say,

Edited by aSecureTenant

Only in the UK could you have a 'protest party' consisting of landowners, aristocrats, BTL and wind farm owners! :lol:

Given we're living in a People's Republic practically - certainly from UKIP's PoV anyway - why not?

They are the Whites. :ph34r:

Its funny on the HIGNFY cartoon title sequence now they have the HS2 snaking across the countryside and houses being demolished and then makes an elaborate detour around the country mansion.

In fact its why towns like Northampton are on a crappy branch line, because they didn't want the railway to run through the Althorp estate (originally) so for a while it was bypassed.

Wouldn't surprise me if the HS2 is so expensive is because it is routed to maximise the payments to rentiers and aristocratic land owners. Its the only way to get anything done in this damn country.

Nationalise their land and give them a council house I say,

It must have been a great shock to TPTB when the internet came and the plebs started talking to one another instead of listening to state controlled media. No wonder they've got GCHQ listening to everything we say.

What he means is the entire Estate is hidden from the tax man in tax efficient Family Trusts.

In my experience,Trusts aren't that efficient.It certainly doesn't stop you getting mullered on an annual basis.

Going to see how he got his sticky paws on Slaithwaite Moor. Nearby Marsden Moor is in the hands of the National Trust. Its basically all peat bog.

Here is the planning application

http://www2.kirklees.gov.uk/business/planning/application_search/detail.aspx?id=2013%2F93683

Edited by aSecureTenant