House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Rob Lowe On Being ‘Discriminated Against’ For Being Attractive: ‘There's This Unbelievable Prejudice Against Good Looking People’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/rob-lowe-on-being-discriminated-against-for-being-attractive-theres-this-unbelievable-prejudice-against-good-looking-people-9244383.html

Step aside, all other minorities.

The real people being discriminated against, says Rob Lowe, are the good looking ones.

The actor, who last played the effeminate plastic surgeon Dr. Startz to Michael Douglas’ Liberace in Behind The Candelabra (2013), told The New York Times magazine recently that being attractive made it "much harder" to get by in the entertainment industry.

"There's this unbelievable bias and prejudice against quote-unquote good-looking people, that they can't be in pain or they can't have rough lives or be deep or interesting," he said.

"They can't be any of the things that you long to play as an actor. I'm getting to play those parts now and loving it. When I was a teen idol, I was so goddamn pretty I wouldn't have taken myself seriously."

He went on to add that there exists "a historical bias that good-looking people are not funny," and said that he himself was a bit of a "theatre geek" at school. Albeit a hideously beautiful one.

Yep the silver screen is full of ugly fecks.

Still a great way to get a bit of self promotion, I'm fantastically handsome and struggling....

Yep the silver screen is full of ugly fecks.

I always thought of Rob Lowe as a bit weird looking, bordering on the ugly.

One weird thing about german film and TV, is the actors all seem to be really ugly. It must be some kind of reverse snobbery, but I rather prefer Hollywood superficial and glossy.

I do not believe I have ever had this "problem"! :lol:

I feel bad for Rob

lebron-tiny-violin-thumb-400x300.gif

One weird thing about german film and TV, is the actors all seem to be really ugly.

Don't worry, Ï'm happy to do a few of those ugly German burds

franka-potente-20080122-366627.jpg

91062.jpg

2605924_f260.jpg

I didn't think Robe Lowe was real. He looks like a plastic International Rescue puppet.

I was just trying to come up with a way to expresss my feelings about Mr Lowe, but you've saved me the trouble. That's bang on target. "Plastic" is exactly the right word.

I thought he was excellent in The West Wing, but then I thought everyone was excellent in The West Wing.

After my (relatively recent) conversion to the cause of small government quasi-Libertarianism I wonder if I'd still enjoy TWW so much if I were to watch it all again! :o

After my (relatively recent) conversion to the cause of small government quasi-Libertarianism I wonder if I'd still enjoy TWW so much if I were to watch it all again! :o

I suspect the realisation that 'government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force' is one of those epiphanies that can't be undone

If it were to, heaven forbid, come to rewatching TWW it might be time to consider getting into...

wiki: House of Cards (U.S. TV series)

I suspect the realisation that 'government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force' is one of those epiphanies that can't be undone

If it were to, heaven forbid, come to rewatching TWW it might be time to consider getting into...

wiki: House of Cards (U.S. TV series)

If the West Wing extolled the virtues of a glorious leader and administration, then House of Cards is the polar opposite :) A bit like the Californication of Politics.

House of cards is teh awesome.

Don't worry, Ï'm happy to do a few of those ugly German burds

Yeah, the good looking ones have to move to hollywood, 'cos they can't get work here.

It's not just the natural good looks, or otherwise. They seem to be deliberately made up to look uglier and dowdier than the general population. I assume it's to try and prove it's proper art, and not that hollywood rubbish

But he isn't particularly good-looking.

Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But I don't hear (for example) Ryan Gosling, Mark Wahlberg, Robert Patrick or Leonardo diCaprio complaining.

Youngblood (1986)

"Let's go Pretty Boy."

youngblood-review.jpg