House Price Crash Forum

Peaches Geldof Dead

HOLA441
TV presenter Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25.

Police say they were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman on Monday afternoon.

The woman, aged 25, was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I thought you were joking! It's on the BBC! :blink:

Nope. No joke.

Her Wikipedia entry hasn't even waited for her body to cool before changing to past tense: "Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof (13 March 1989 – 7 April 2014) was an English journalist, television presenter and model."

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Charlie Brooker's tribute:

probably totally lost spiritually...sometimes the most privileged in society actually have little of value to themselves...things just dont really cut it.

a warning for those desperate to own a house.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

probably totally lost spiritually...sometimes the most privileged in society actually have little of value to themselves...things just dont really cut it.

a warning for those desperate to own a house.

I would second that.

I have, over the years, met a fair few genuinely wealthy people in my time and a shocking percentage, in my opinion, seemed to live completely vacuous lives devoid of reason or purpose. In a fair few cases having children, even if they were genuinely loved, didn't seem to provide any new 'perspective' or impart sense of wider responsibilities on them - sort of almost as if the children were themselves also just 'possessions.

Needless to say, of course, it was (and still is) very easy to quickly pass condescending judgement on them as being selfish, ungrateful, etc.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

married twice, two kids I understand.

Lets hope it was natural causes.

I'll bet it wasn't! :blink:

I always imagined every bloke on the Internet was single and horrible like me!

Well, I'm still a good uncle!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Celine Dion might be Canadian, like Joni Mitchells's teeth! think they might be stopping traffic in Ontario! :blink:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Sad story.

However the main news story on the BBC ?

+1

A human life extinguished so young is tragic.

But youngsters die almost every day in car crashes, and most barely get a mention in the regional news. Why the media frenzy in this case?

HOLA4424

+1

A human life extinguished so young is tragic.

But youngsters die almost every day in car crashes, and most barely get a mention in the regional news. Why the media frenzy in this case?

Its the usual case of the "low hanging fruit"...she was IN the media and finding stuff out is a piece of cake...people the media know knew her, and many are very keen to get exposure.

Real journalism barely exists.

HOLA4425

ITV already decided on the evening news it was a drug overdose. How nice of them.

Evidently its not just shootings in america they wildly speculate about before bothering to wait for any actual facts.

'No drugs and no suicide note': Police say death of Peaches Geldof at 25 is not suspicious

The Mail has a different headline, so well done ITV.

Archived