House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Weetabix In Talks Over Staff 'pay Cut'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-26920589

Staff at cereal firm Weetabix are being consulted over possible cuts to pay and working hours, the BBC has been told.

An employee said the plans could see a 10% wage cut for production workers and a wage freeze for other staff.

Weetabix said staff and unions were discussing potential changes to both pay and shifts but refused to discuss specific details.

The company said it needed to be able to "adapt to meet the changing needs of today's modern families".

The company, which also owns the Alpen, Ready Brek and Weetos brands, employs 1,800 workers in Burton Latimer and Corby in Northamptonshire.

Chinese-owned Bright Food bought a 60% stake in the firm in 2012 from Lion Capital in a £1.2bn deal.

Not a surprise, the products are over priced and I'm guessing more and more people are buying the supermarket own brand. Are they the hard working poor families struggling with the basics?

Plus the Chinese managed to over pay and now it's the workers who get to work for less.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nshire-26920589

Not a surprise, the products are over priced and I'm guessing more and more people are buying the supermarket own brand. Are they the hard working poor families struggling with the basics?

Plus the Chinese managed to over pay and now it's the workers who get to work for less.

if it was my business I would employ only people on the working tax credits and pay them extra in some non financial way ..

Chinese-owned Bright Food bought a 60% stake in the firm in 2012 from Lion Capital in a £1.2bn deal.

Oh dear. Confusus say 'Beware of private equity bearing gifts'

Edited by aSecureTenant

I like Weetabix, but I buy the Lidl equivalent which is exactly the same but much cheaper.

I like Alpen, but I buy the Lidl equivalent which is pretty much the same but much cheaper.

I like Ready Brek...

So customers/workers are all buying cheaper LIDLs and ALDIs own brand weetabix due to pay cuts. Weetabix respond to this new challenge by cutting pay for their workers/customers.

Why aren't business leaders lobbying the government to get a grip with sodding house prices? The one biggest cost in the lives of every employee and prospective customer.

I like Weetabix, but I buy the Lidl equivalent which is exactly the same but much cheaper.

I like Alpen, but I buy the Lidl equivalent which is pretty much the same but much cheaper.

I like Ready Brek...

I like porridge, the water and salt variety..... You make it in a saucepan. ;)

We have actually bought some real weetabix this week, Banana flavour. Never again.

i've been doing a taste test of various brand/non-brand cereals. My favourite so far is Sainsburys cornflakes.

I've also found the tesco and sainsbury jafa cake ( equivalents ) taste better to me than the real thing.

Guest spp

Why aren't business leaders lobbying the government to get a grip with sodding house prices? The one biggest cost in the lives of every employee and prospective customer.

How much can you afford a month?

Shurely shome mishtake. Everythings booming. Have you not been told?

Dave said so this morning after heralding 1200 Shelfie jobs at ASDA.

Huzzar.

Its all locked in.

Edited by shindigger

i've been doing a taste test of various brand/non-brand cereals. My favourite so far is Sainsburys cornflakes.

I've also found the tesco and sainsbury jafa cake ( equivalents ) taste better to me than the real thing.

Lidl Oatcakes Ace.

Lidl Bagged Paella. Ace.

Lidl Pistachios. Ace.

Lidl Artichoke anti pasti. Ace.

Lidl Boxed Seafood.Double Ace.

Lidl Plain chocco. Ace.

Lidl Salmon Fishcakes. Ace.

Lidl Olive oil. Ace.

Lidl Mackerel in tomato sauce. Ace.

Lidl Wine. Mostly awful.

Lidl Oatcakes Ace.

Lidl Bagged Paella. Ace.

Lidl Pistachios. Ace.

Lidl Plain chocco. Ace.

Lidl Olive oil. Ace.

Lidl Wine. Mostly awful.

Try the Lidl Almonds wasabi and BBQ flavors - they are in the posh/Italian section and very addictive.

Lidl Olive oil. Ace.

Noticed they have stopped selling their Ace strong bread flour since they brought in their fresh bread bakery dept. :(

Lidl Oatcakes Ace.

Lidl Bagged Paella. Ace.

Lidl Pistachios. Ace.

Lidl Plain chocco. Ace.

Lidl Olive oil. Ace.

Lidl Wine. Mostly awful.

I'd try Lidl, but the only one in Oxford is miles away in a rough area. I save a lot more money by not having a car.

I like Ready Brek...

I do quite like Weetabix but have noticed that over the last few years the quality/size of the biscuits has reduced. They seem a lot more crumbly these days and I'm sure they are smaller than they used to be ... Might give the Lidl version a go.

I'd try Lidl, but the only one in Oxford is miles away in a rough area. I save a lot more money by not having a car.

Why would a 'rough' area make a difference?.....sometimes areas where people are not as affluent can offer the best in service and value......posh places = posh prices. ;)

Edited by winkie