House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Let Them Eat Pork

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-national-front-to-stop-muslim-and-jewish-pupils-having-porkfree-school-dinners-9240488.html

France’s far-right National Front party will prevent schools from offering Muslim and Jewish pupils pork-free lunches in the towns where it won in recent local elections, its leader Marine Le Pen announced on Friday.

She said that arrangements catering to Muslim and Jewish, pupils who cannot eat pork according to religious restrictions, contradict the country’s secular values.

“We will not accept any religious demands in school menus,” Le Pen told RTL radio. “There is no reason for religion to enter the public sphere, that's the law.”

France has seen periodic controversies over schools that substitute pork on menus to cater to Muslim and Jewish children, while some of the FN's new mayors complain there are too many halal shops in their towns.

But Muslims view France, which is officially a secular republic despite being overwhelmingly Catholic, as imposing its values on them and other religious minorities. In 2011, a controversial law was introduced banning full-face veils in public.

Seems like a decision that is going to trigger a backlash.

Although I doubt on any given day the whole menu would just be pork.

But Muslims view France, which is officially a secular republic despite being overwhelmingly Catholic, as imposing its values on them and other religious minorities.

So in other words, the same rules for everyone then?

One animal protein option, one vegan option. Should keep pretty much everybody happy.

Vegan for all.

Or maybe a paelo diet as that's supposed to be really healthy.

Vegan for all.

Did it voluntarily for 2 years.

You can take my delicious dead animal food from my (now) strong, warm hands.

(Unless you're vegan in which case I'd like to see you try :lol: )

Paleo all the way B)

Vegan for all.

Or maybe a paelo diet as that's supposed to be really healthy.

My girlfriend had been vegetarian bordering on vegan for about a decade when I first met her. Her energy levels were constantly dropping and her blood iron was low despite taking supplements. Now she eats meat and fish she is a lot more energetic and healthy looking.

My girlfriend had been vegetarian bordering on vegan for about a decade when I first met her. Her energy levels were constantly dropping and her blood iron was low despite taking supplements. Now she eats meat and fish she is a lot more energetic and healthy looking.

I do think vegans have a look about them.

I know a few.

I think if you did a line up of people you'd be able to tell.

Did it voluntarily for 2 years.

You can take my delicious dead animal food from my (now) strong, warm hands.

(Unless you're vegan in which case I'd like to see you try :lol: )

Paleo all the way B)

I should look at the paleo diet sometime.

Just for curiosity.

Unless it means I can eat pesto on freshly picked purple sprouting with bacon.

I should look at the paleo diet sometime.

Just for curiosity.

Unless it means I can eat pesto on freshly picked purple sprouting with bacon.

Did you mean can't?

Sounds paleo to me

Also Rap Peat is worth a look. He doesn't have a 'diet' but a lot of articles. Some are 'take or leave' but those promoting salt intake, gelatine vs muscle meat protein and lower polyunsaturated fats have proved useful to me.

Did you mean can't?

Sounds paleo to me

Also Rap Peat is worth a look. He doesn't have a 'diet' but a lot of articles. Some are 'take or leave' but those promoting salt intake, gelatine vs muscle meat protein and lower polyunsaturated fats have proved useful to me.

As long as I can continue to .

I'll have a look on kindle tonight to see what books there are.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-national-front-to-stop-muslim-and-jewish-pupils-having-porkfree-school-dinners-9240488.html

yup.

farage would be wise to distance himself from the far right(yes we can respect others belief systems/dieatery requirements etc, but those of different beliefs should also respect ours)....prudent to state the obvious that people living in this house must observe the house rules.(including elected representatives)

..and this must not just be SEEN to be done, IT MUST BE DONE.

the longer this is left, the worse the backlash will be, so we must confront this stuff now.

Humans have basically evolved to eat fatty meat, and oily fish. Just a look at human digestion suggests carbohydrate processing was purely an evolutionary back up system.

Fat and animal protein is efficiently digested using bodies internal enzymes, salts and bile with little waste, carbs have to be fermented, and even then the body can only use the bug poop.

Its getting harder though, as animals are fed with crap to fatten them up, so we can still get the wrong type of fats. We eat what they have metabolised.

It is in Germany!

As long as I can continue to .

I'll have a look on kindle tonight to see what books there are.

No need for that - Google Robb Wolf, Mark's Daily Apple, and Ray Peat. :)

Backlash! Get ready for the Jewish suicide bombers, flying planes into builders, throat cutting and beheadings with machetes in the street.

Unless you are a veggie we are having Halal forced down a throats if we like it or not.

Britain's biggest supermarket chains are selling halal lamb and chicken without telling unsuspecting shoppers.

Those stocking meat slaughtered according to Islamic law include Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Somerfield and the Co-op.

And a Mail on Sunday investigation has found that fast-food chains including Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, KFC, ­Nando’s and Subway are also using halal meat without ­telling customers.

But the UK’s second-biggest supermarket, Asda, has refused to confirm or deny whether it sells halal meat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

Again bending over backwards for you know who for, for so called inclusivity. Have you ever noticed it is always one way.

Parents fury as pork sausages are banned from the school menu and replaced with halal meat

Sausages, ham and other pork products have been banned at Brinsworth Manor Infant and Junior Schools in Rotherham

Just 20 per cent of the 600 pupils at the two schools are Muslim

Governors agreed to the change to make the school more inclusive

Rotherham Council said only serving halal meat was a 'minor adjustment'

The move comes as Britain's vets call for Muslims and Jews to use more 'acceptable' methods of killing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575724/Parents-fury-pork-sausages-banned-school-menu-replaced-halal-meat.html

Stop slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat, says new leader of Britain's vets

Muslims and Jews are asked to use more 'acceptable' methods of killing

John Blackwell wants Government to consider a ban on kosher or halal

President of British Veterinary Association says all should be stunned first

6,000 animals are killed in religious abattoirs every week in Britain

Religious groups call his advice 'misleading' and will 'inflame prejudice'

Denmark banned the practice last months despite huge protests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574456/Stop-slashing-animals-throats-ritual-slaughters-halal-kosher-meat-says-new-leader-Britains-vets.html

Humans have basically evolved to eat fatty meat, and oily fish. Just a look at human digestion suggests carbohydrate processing was purely an evolutionary back up system.

Fat and animal protein is efficiently digested using bodies internal enzymes, salts and bile with little waste, carbs have to be fermented, and even then the body can only use the bug poop.

Its getting harder though, as animals are fed with crap to fatten them up, so we can still get the wrong type of fats. We eat what they have metabolised.

Yes I think the food quality is in terminal decline. I buy a modest amount of meat from a butcher who buys local scottish beef. It tastes better than supermarket stuff but I don't doubt that the animals have been fed with some crap.

I've always loved and ate the crispy fat on meat and skin on chicken. I was always told it was good for me when I was young! Also love herring and salmon. The farmed salmon tastes nothing like a wild salmon but both have probably ingested crap!

I do think vegans have a look about them.

I know a few.

I think if you did a line up of people you'd be able to tell.

they certainly all have a personality about them, every single one I have met is a miserable whinger.

if we were designed as vegetarian,we would have eyes in the sides of our heads, not the front.

(eyes at the front are for targetting, hunting and catching prey.Eyes at the sides are for seeing the predators coming and running from them)

if we were designed as vegetarian,we would have eyes in the sides of our heads, not the front.

(eyes at the front are for targetting, hunting and catching prey.Eyes at the sides are for seeing the predators coming and running from them)

All other primates have forward facing eyes and are largely though not exclusively vegetarian.