House Price Crash Forum

Romford

HSvetz

HOLA441

House down my road, 3 bed mid terrace, STC on 3rd April after being listed 21st March. This house was previously on for £225k, then £215k, back in 2010 but failed to sell. The price this time round is a guide price of £250 to £270. The seller has lived there for 50 years.

In the past few months many of the types of houses in RM7 that were priced at a ceiling of £250K for the past few years now popped to 275K and above.

HOLA442

House down my road, 3 bed mid terrace, STC on 3rd April after being listed 21st March. This house was previously on for £225k, then £215k, back in 2010 but failed to sell. The price this time round is a guide price of £250 to £270. The seller has lived there for 50 years.

In the past few months many of the types of houses in RM7 that were priced at a ceiling of £250K for the past few years now popped to 275K and above.

Romford was an area I had been considering moving to. I saw the jump in prices first hand before I stopped looking! I still get emails from EA's in that area. Some have been with houses that I looked at for £220k now back on the market for £270k.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I like Romford, especially Gidea Park. Someone I know bought a 3 bed semi with garage in Woodfield Drive for £320k around peak bubble time. I think they fell back for a while, but have no doubt recovered.

Indeed Gidea Park is one of the nicer areas of Romford. My brother lives near Woodfield Drive and I often walk along Stanley Avenue that runs parallel to that road. All the font gardens are very well kept and the houses all semis of a good size. Only problem is that they all have shared drives to the rear, something I would always avoid.

Some recent sales of large detatched houses in that area have gone for 500k or less and I suspect their sale price was supressed in a large part by the stamp duty bands. If you were looking for this type of house this area would be worth looking at IMO.

HOLA445

Indeed Gidea Park is one of the nicer areas of Romford. My brother lives near Woodfield Drive and I often walk along Stanley Avenue that runs parallel to that road. All the font gardens are very well kept and the houses all semis of a good size. Only problem is that they all have shared drives to the rear, something I would always avoid.

Some recent sales of large detatched houses in that area have gone for 500k or less and I suspect their sale price was supressed in a large part by the stamp duty bands. If you were looking for this type of house this area would be worth looking at IMO.

Yes I know Stanley Avenue. I think the record for the Woodfield Drive has been overtaken but if its the house I'm thinking of it was a high quality 'the only way is Essex' type refit.

The house I know in Woodfield Drive didn't have a shared rear drive, but I think some do.