£650k accepted £675k

Were there two other flats?

Couple

£50k budget

£150k at Auction - Total £200k

Valued @ £165 - £175k

I thought that was quite a lot of house for the money

Edited by aSecureTenant

1/5th way through this, but pausing to go out, and aST has told me all I need to know anyway.

Fulham dingy flat. Covenant means the property can't be used as buyer's principle home - has to either be rented out or flipped. Packed auction room. 2012. People throwing money everywhere at it.

Cheeky chappy bummed around in USA on music scene, before coming back UK to make some money.. been doing properties for 25 years. Gets it for £413,000 after calmly bidding against a young man and his people, behind him, against the wall.

Good job so many HPCers outdid one another with excuses for victim buyers in 2008 making it easy for Gov to also bail out their VI. Just wanted a home. Didn't know what they were doing." "Media media lure." "Friends and parents told them it only ever goes up."

It's a repeat right now in this market. Much worse. Buyers trying to hump houses and outbid one another infront of very happy sellers, setting ever higher peaks (in semi-prime / prime... not in the backwaters where yield chasers occasionally get what they deserve). Get ready with your excuses again. Not sure how you'll stack them up this time to make any sense for people's free-will decisions, just a few years after credit-crunch 1.0. It's not like non-owning savers don't pay a price, waiting for value, as others outbid them.

1/5th way through this, but pausing to go out, and aST has told me all I need to know anyway.

Fulham dingy flat. Covenant means the property can't be used as buyer's principle home - has to either be rented out or flipped. Packed auction room. 2012. People throwing money everywhere at it.

Cheeky chappy bummed around in USA on music scene, before coming back UK to make some money.. been doing properties for 25 years. Gets it for £413,000 after calmly bidding against a young man and his people, behind him, against the wall.

Good job so many HPCers outdid one another with excuses for victim buyers in 2008 making it easy for Gov to also bail out their VI. Just wanted a home. Didn't know what they were doing." "Media media lure." "Friends and parents told them it only ever goes up."

It's a repeat right now in this market. Much worse. Buyers trying to hump houses and outbid one another infront of very happy sellers, setting ever higher peaks (in semi-prime / prime... not in the backwaters where yield chasers occasionally get what they deserve). Get ready with your excuses again. Not sure how you'll stack them up this time to make any sense for people's free-will decisions, just a few years after credit-crunch 1.0. It's not like non-owning savers don't pay a price, waiting for value, as others outbid them.

It's quite obvious now (especially in London) that most people held onto their hats after the 2007 crash and thought 'oh, was that it?' As far as they're concerned the crash happened, recovery's locked in and it was practically nothing to them. So what's the worst that can happen again? 5-10% falls? Of course, it never ran its course as we well know. I'm not sure I really want to be around this time, but it's gonna be interesting if nothing else.