House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Another Mp Of The Hook

it is not my decision, it's the committees decision."

He just gets the so called status along with the wages and then the well paid banking job etc afterwards.

It's like the house price bubble he and Osborne etc say it's the BoE/Carney's responsibility to control it but the BoE/Carney say they can't.

Edited by billybong

My wife, who really has very little interest in politics, has been going on about this since yesterday. She thinks it is totally wrong that Miller got off scott-free and that she should have been sacked. I think it just shows that they are all still on the fiddle!

I cannot think of any reason that makes any sense for Cameron to be defending her, other than that she has potential dirt to dig on other high-profile politicians that Cameron believes would damage him more than keeping Miller in her job and brazening out the resulting scandal.

Someone in the Telegraph speculated that it was because there weren't many women in the cabinet and that he didn't want to sack her because there would be even fewer, and/or accusations of misogyny. Are there really no female Tory junior ministers he could promote in a reshuffle? I doubt it. And the thing is, it isn't Labour making all the noise: they don't need to, because the newspaper closest to the Tory party is attacking Milller on its front page! By letting this rumble on, Cameron is effectively handing votes over from his own party to UKIP and the apathy party, and so one has to presume that whatever he's trying to avoid by not sacking her is worth that price to him.

My wife, who really has very little interest in politics, has been going on about this since yesterday. She thinks it is totally wrong that Miller got off scott-free and that she should have been sacked. I think it just shows that they are all still on the fiddle!

...doesn't look very good....nobody should be defending bad behaviour, important that people need to believe that our leaders and people in positions of responsibility, acting on our behalf and for our interest are honest, open, trustworthy and of utmost integrity. ;)

OP: only just realised?

#Bringbackcapitalism

'Cronyism now! :blink:

Politicians doesn't matter what colour are corrupt. The less politicians there are the less corruption. However bad you think British politicians are I am sure the EU is worse. Why because there is less over site.

British corruption is the best vote UKIP.

Edited by gf3

Another nail in the coffin of respect for the law bureaucracy.

Nothing to do with the law. Same as bank regulation - the accused get to set the rules.

She's been cleared according to those rules. You can protest the rules by not voting for these parties.

The reaction against her by the newspapers seems like a campaign against Cameron, on the narrow front of press regulation.

I cannot think of any reason that makes any sense for Cameron to be defending her, other than that she has potential dirt to dig on other high-profile politicians that Cameron believes would damage him more than keeping Miller in her job and brazening out the resulting scandal.

Someone in the Telegraph speculated that it was because there weren't many women in the cabinet and that he didn't want to sack her because there would be even fewer, and/or accusations of misogyny. Are there really no female Tory junior ministers he could promote in a reshuffle? I doubt it. And the thing is, it isn't Labour making all the noise: they don't need to, because the newspaper closest to the Tory party is attacking Milller on its front page! By letting this rumble on, Cameron is effectively handing votes over from his own party to UKIP and the apathy party, and so one has to presume that whatever he's trying to avoid by not sacking her is worth that price to him.

Female and state school educated. Practically untouchable. The Telegraph also suggested her aides made thinly veiled threats about press regulation while they were digging up her rampant abuse of taxpayers money.

Listened to LBC this morning, and there was no support for her. Most wanted her out.

One caller commented that they'd supported press regulation till her dirty tricks emerged and now fear the press will end up being muzzled by our corrupt political class.

Another caller made the point that over three hundred MPs are renting homes to each other so their dirty trick roll on.

It is interesting that the opposition, who should be holding the government to account have been silent on this.

They either have a lot more dirt to be dished or she's a Common Purpose graduate and so untouchable.

Yeah, you know their story is in trouble when they roll out shitty Shapps (or sometimes Michael Fallon) to spin up a divertion.

Maria Miller trotted out her half-hearted "apology" to a half-empty House of Commons.

A few Tory boys sat around her so that she would look "supported" on the news slots.

They wanted to show that they're all in it together.

Edited by Danny Deflation

Listened to LBC this morning, and there was no support for her. Most wanted her out.

One caller commented that they'd supported press regulation till her dirty tricks emerged and now fear the press will end up being muzzled by our corrupt political class.

Another caller made the point that over three hundred MPs are renting homes to each other so their dirty trick roll on.

It is interesting that the opposition, who should be holding the government to account have been silent on this.

They either have a lot more dirt to be dished or she's a Common Purpose graduate and so untouchable.

Labour are reticent to capitalize because they know they are just as bad.

Also, MPs renting to each other is not the full extent of the dodgy dealings.

eg, in my constituency(Chester), the Tory incumbent rents constituency office space at a market rate, on expenses, from the local Conservative club. The office space has not as far as I'm aware ever been on the open market. So 'grassroots' are guilty of ropey dealings in many instances too(this is not an uncommon arrangement).

Furthermore the Labour candidate for Chester in the next general election is already on the Parliamentary gravy train without even being an MP by virtue of renting a London property to a current Labour MP, whose rent is paid by expenses.

It's a two horse race in my constituency so take yer pick....

Edited by The Knimbies who say no