House Price Crash Forum

Another In Harrow Shocker

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, longgone said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-84891455.html

some of these unloved ugly flats have sat for sale for years. 

i try not to laugh 

I think it is fair enough to have a little chuckle - at the council for approving this mess and the original buyers for getting involved.

Even the developers won't have done as well here as they would do now, as I'd assume that this block predates the whole HTB fraud. I'm sure they still made a fortune, though. 

8 minutes ago, worried1 said:

I think it is fair enough to have a little chuckle - at the council for approving this mess and the original buyers for getting involved.

Even the developers won't have done as well here as they would do now, as I'd assume that this block predates the whole HTB fraud. I'm sure they still made a fortune, though. 

i actually visited this block when it was being converted from an office block in 2003  harrow was not too bad then its a vile dump now mind. 

The builders were putting the cheap laminate floor over the top of the tea and coffee stained carpet tiles after it had been partitioned up. 

i forget the developers name but they have done this all over london there is a another in ealing Cavalier House

The platinum house one actually looks worse than old 70s council housing only 17 years later, i know someone who paid 300k for a 2 bed back then ?

1 hour ago, longgone said:

i actually visited this block when it was being converted from an office block in 2003  harrow was not too bad then its a vile dump now mind. 

The builders were putting the cheap laminate floor over the top of the tea and coffee stained carpet tiles after it had been partitioned up. 

i forget the developers name but they have done this all over london there is a another in ealing Cavalier House

The platinum house one actually looks worse than old 70s council housing only 17 years later, i know someone who paid 300k for a 2 bed back then ?

That's horrific. I wonder if they'd get their £300k back on it now? That would be quite some achievement, buying near that start of the biggest property boom in history and still making a loss! 

9 minutes ago, worried1 said:

That's horrific. I wonder if they'd get their £300k back on it now? That would be quite some achievement, buying near that start of the biggest property boom in history and still making a loss! 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/HA1-2EX.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DPOSTCODE%5E1494688%26minPrice%3D190000%26maxPrice%3D250000%26minBedrooms%3D1%26radius%3D0.5

seems they would if you can find a buyer of course. 

6 hours ago, longgone said:

You can afford this, well you have £250k saved up, if i were single i wold go for it, nice swimming pool,

offer £190k

3 minutes ago, prozac said:

Do not forget the reason you have £250K in savings is also because of the QE you despise so much.

How so ? Only property I Owned was a 1 bed flat sold in 2006 for 20k more than I paid for it.

Any money I have was worked tax paid or wheeler dealed.

No Qe for me I will leave that to the boomers their idea of work is seeing the sunlight every morning.

1 minute ago, longgone said:

How so ? Only property I Owned was a 1 bed flat sold in 2006 for 20k more than I paid for it.

Any money I have was worked tax paid or wheeler dealed.

No Qe for me I will leave that to the boomers their idea of work is seeing the sunlight every morning.

When did you purchase the property you sold in 2006?