House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goat

Oh My God

Telegraph: Parents need to be reminded to potty-train children, says Ofsted

Parents should be issued with a checklist of “essential skills” to teach their children because large numbers of infants are starting school unable to speak properly or even use the toilet, according to the head of Ofsted....

...Every parent should be issued with a simple checklist of skills children should master by the age of five, he said, including toilet training, behaviour boundaries, recognising their own name, putting on a coat and shoes and talking in sentences.

OMG! WTF! Has our great experiment in reversing the laws of natural selection managed to create a barely human underclass already? Is there any other civilised country in the world that might consider such guidance necessary or appropriate?

I despair!

Lazy piss poor parenting is not uncommon.

Why do you think all those sure start centres are there? To try and educate people to not drop their kids on their heads and presumably give them advice on potty training.

A generation is being bought up by parents who are glued to a mobile phone. That will have consequences.

Pull up pants: I'd ban them. They're for lazy **** bastards who don't want the effort of dealing with the odd damp sheet. Train the child and you don't have that problem.

For those kids who actually need them get them free on prescription.

Parents should be issued with a checklist of “essential skills” to teach their children because large numbers of infants are starting school unable to speak properly or even use the toilet, according to the head of Ofsted....

...Every parent should be issued with a simple checklist of skills children should master by the age of five, he said, including toilet training, behaviour boundaries, recognising their own name, putting on a coat and shoes and talking in sentences.

OMG! WTF! Has our great experiment in reversing the laws of natural selection managed to create a barely human underclass already? Is there any other civilised country in the world that might consider such guidance necessary or appropriate?

I despair!

I pi55ed myself when I read that

Really? I only seem to meet people whose children are doing grade 3 violin age 4, but are still terribly worried about them not being challenged enough.

I despair!

Oh do come on, I've known some tards in my time but putting on a coat and some non-laced shoes would not have needed to be a learned skill for any of them.

One of my earliest memories is of my first day at school. One of the other new kids was clutching a large cloth bag. When asked what was in the bag the kid replied "spare pants". That was the last we saw of that one :lol:.

Really? I only seem to meet people whose children are doing grade 3 violin age 4, but are still terribly worried about them not being challenged enough.

You must live in Surrey.

You can't blame parents that received piss poor parenting themselves to offer piss poor parenting...only history repeating itself......

The thing I find diluting mostly in this country is manners.....for example the please and thank you.....the British way, the respectful way, the way you always respected your elders, your teachers.......far too many rights, entitlements and everyone is to blame except themselves.....blame someone and you are or can be quids in with a claim...no responsibility, no discipline, hate yourself, hate your kids, hate everyone cause they all hate you....... ;)

:lol:

You can't blame parents that received piss poor parenting themselves to offer piss poor parenting...only history repeating itself......

The thing I find diluting mostly in this country is manners.....for example the please and thank you.....the British way, the respectful way, the way you always respected your elders, your teachers.......far too many rights, entitlements and everyone is to blame except themselves.....blame someone and you are or can be quids in with a claim...no responsibility, no discipline, hate yourself, hate your kids, hate everyone cause they all hate you....... ;)

And put it all on Facebook with your iPhone5s B)

It depends where you are and the attitude you have to others. I work in a very civilised big company where everybody from the MD to the cleaners say hi to each other and have time for a chat, and mostly start work well before nine and work hard, whenever I see my neighbours I have a chat, and strike up conversations with everybody from shop staff to other people waiting at the bar. The Britian of the 1950s that people eulogise is alive and well if you go out and join in with it and stop seeing it through the prism of news and newspapers.

Other than in London obviously.

Nah not an excuse.

Maybe some people are just more phone-addicted than others.

Putting my right wing paranoia hat on...

Could the classification of these obvious skills by Ofsted be a precursor to marking out any child who doesn' t have them as some sort of 'special needs' kiddie and thus netting the school extra cash from the state teat?

It depends where you are and the attitude you have to others. I work in a very civilised big company where everybody from the MD to the cleaners say hi to each other and have time for a chat, and mostly start work well before nine and work hard, whenever I see my neighbours I have a chat, and strike up conversations with everybody from shop staff to other people waiting at the bar. The Britian of the 1950s that people eulogise is alive and well if you go out and join in with it and stop seeing it through the prism of news and newspapers.

There are people out there that think life owes them a living......there are those out there that know no better.....and there are those out there that cream from their ignorance. ;)

Maybe I'm lucky - but I've *never* worked (or lived) in an environment where everyone from cleaners to Big Cheese didn't have time to talk - regardless of rank or protocol. I'd leave pronto if the Top Dog didn't return my "good morning", or the cleaner my "dzień dobry".

Reminds me of the amusingly named (and rapidly erased from history) Labour govt programme to help "People Lacking Everyday Basic Skills".

Reminds me of the amusingly named (and rapidly erased from history) Labour govt programme to help "People Lacking Everyday Basic Skills".

.....could be that people have become more selfish.....a number/statistic, part of a league table or a price/cost not a name or a person a future life or valued part of society......to be pushed through the system and dropped over the cliff. ;)

Gorillas make better parents than many humans.

But can infant gorillas recognise their own name, sh1t in a toilet, and put on their hat and coat by the time they start school?

Maybe but it's getting smaller and smaller as its members are taxed out of existance to fund the ever growing army of unwanted children shat out by parents who couldn't give a damn about them in return for a taxpayer funded income that most working people struggle to match. God alone knows what'll happen when Gordon's tax credit children start to breed in about 5 years time.

But can infant gorillas recognise their own name, sh1t in a toilet, and put on their hat and coat by the time they start school?

Seems many human kids struggle with these actions. I bet gorilla babes can do that by 3 years old.