House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashmonitor

Cameron...'man Of The People'

He seems more and more divorced from the real world and showing his preference for Waitrose is not the smartest political move imo.

On the BBC Breakfast this morning he was particularly cringe worthy and looked every bit the toff from another world.

As mentioned on another thread, his only ace card is having a leader of the Opposition who is even more strange.

We heap our outrage on Bliar here, but sorry he could do normal bloke even if he was a good actor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/stuckup-david-cameron-heaps-praise-on-waitroses-better-class-of-shopper-9235222.html

More likely Waitrose "essential" :D rosemary and sea salt focaccia.

It really shows that tackling inequality is not just a soundbite for Cameron. He's actually willing to mix with the hoi polloi personally. In years gone by the kind of people who have to buy their own rosemary and sea salt focaccia would never have had the chance to mix with their betters such as Cameron.

He seems more and more divorced from the real world and showing his preference for Waitrose is not the smartest political move imo.

On the BBC Breakfast this morning he was particularly cringe worthy and looked every bit the toff from another world.

As mentioned on another thread, his only ace card is having a leader of the Opposition who is even more strange.

We heap our outrage on Bliar here, but sorry he could do normal bloke even if he was a good actor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/stuckup-david-cameron-heaps-praise-on-waitroses-better-class-of-shopper-9235222.html

Cameron, Blair.

Same sh1t, less skill, marginally less evil so far.

There is no credible leader for anyone to believe in currently active in UK politics IMO. I don't even know who the leader of the YPP is.

• Waitrose is great for middle class milfs.
  • You never see any scruffy chavs/fatties smacking their children
  • Food is nice.
  • Great wine department

I don't like the man but he has a point,

Does anyone really expect the PM of the UK to shop at aldi/lidl/tesco or iceland?

Waitrose is a much more pleasant experience than most supermarkets, though a bit dear.

If I was on the PM's salary, I too would shop at Waitrose.

I don't really see what the problem is. Should shopping at a marginally more luxurious supermarket than some other people really be an adverse indicator for being PM?

Waitrose is a much more pleasant experience than most supermarkets, though a bit dear.

If I was on the PM's salary, I too would shop at Waitrose.

I don't really see what the problem is. Should shopping at a marginally more luxurious supermarket than some other people really be an adverse indicator for being PM?

Nothing wrong with waitrose, just so long as we are all not forced to shop there...... ;)

Some people have other important things to spend their money on apart from food.....can still get waitrose quality without the waitrose price tag elsewhere.....time and knowledge is of the essence, big money does not always buy the best, paying highest price does not always mean best in offering. ;)

Nothing wrong with waitrose, just so long as we are all not forced to shop there...... ;)

Some people have other important things to spend their money on apart from food.....can still get waitrose quality without the waitrose price tag elsewhere.....time and knowledge is of the essence, big money does not always buy the best, paying highest price does not always mean best in offering. ;)

No one is forcing anyone to shop anywhere apart from the inverse snobbery brigade. Where you shop is up to you and it should be the same for our parliamentarians too.

No one is forcing anyone to shop anywhere apart from the inverse snobbery brigade. Where you shop is up to you and it should be the same for our parliamentarians too.

I am forced to buy my water from one company and forced to buy my train journey from one operator...about time they gave people more choices......thankfully with competitive food we have choices...shame we don't have competitive energy any longer. ;)

I am forced to buy my water from one company and forced to buy my train journey from one operator...about time they gave people more choices......thankfully with competitive food we have choices...shame we don't have competitive energy any longer. ;)

Because we were of course talking about utilities not supermarkets <_<

There are people of Walmart and there are people of Waitrose.

People-of-Walmart.jpg

I do feel I have to dress up to go into Waitrose...