House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Irish Bomber May Have Blown Himself Up 'because He Forgot About Clocks Changing'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/irish-bomber-may-have-blown-himself-up-because-he-forgot-about-clocks-changing-9233335.html

An Irish bomber allegedly blew himself up after he forgot about the clocks going forward an hour for British Summer Time while he was planting a bomb.

Police are looking to speak with a man who is suspected of planting the bomb in Dublin on Sunday and was left severely injured when the device detonated prematurely.

The device had been attached to a Volvo SUV.

The man was seen fleeing the scene in Dublin with blood on his face before climbing into a taxi, the Mirror has reported.

According to the paper, a source said that one of the theories being considered by police was that he did not put his watch forward on Sunday and the timer went off too soon.

Garda police are now appealing for anyone who may have picked up the suspect to contact them.

It certainly reads like a Daily Mash headline!

Happy to have you back IRRO! :lol:

Yes, does this mean that (what is technically known in my household as) the snuggle embargo is at an end?

It wouldn't be the first time. I remember getting a security lecture in the services that showed the remains of a PIRA bomber who'd set his clock wrong. It would be around 1978. We all cheered.

Edit to say the lecture was around 1978, not the clock. :)

It wouldn't be the first time. I remember getting a security lecture in the services that showed the remains of a PIRA bomber who'd set his clock wrong. It would be around 1978. We all cheered.

Edit to say the lecture was around 1978, not the clock. :)

Rumour has it that the British security forces would occasionally help the IRA on their way by nobbling intercepted arms shipments.

edit: Duncan Campbell - Booby Traps and Bank Raids

I loved this story - and they say the day of the Irishman joke has passed! :lol::lol:

Was thinking the same. Irish pikeys are as funny too.

Watched a load deliver a jcb the other day, only to find one of them had left the key at the yard