House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Farage V Clegg

Big fight analysis, please...

Well, listening to the current debate, I find I am thoroughly fed up with Nick Clegg prefacing every answer by first telling me what Nigel Farage "thinks" or "says" - a rather repetitive and poor debating style. Rather weak IMO. Clegg is running scared, almost ranting to get his point across.

Edited by LiveinHope

Guest spp

Well, listening to the current debate, I find I am thoroughly fed up with Nick Clegg prefacing every answer by first telling me what Nigel Farage "thinks" or "says" - a rather repetitive and poor debating style. Rather weak IMO. Clegg is running scared, almost ranting to get his point across.

Indeed. He just wants to attack Farage rather than answer any question or face up to the EU being a 'union'.

Fantasy, terrorists, climate change...just keeps rolling out the scare mongering without addressing the facts. Also tries to palm of the 'scare mongering' label onto Farage. What a Schoolboy!

These career politics have some real issues. They are no match for Farage who says it like it is.

Looks like Clegg's taking a trouncing...

Boy against a man...

Wouldn't go so far as to say a trouncing as that has to be given - I'd say he is failing to equip himself. Very poor if that is a party leader. Clegg is also using a few tricks to get his thoughts together as well - "where are you, I cant' quite see you" as he responds to an audience question. Use it once, but only once.

Edited by LiveinHope

Well, Juvenal - where are you sitting so I can pretend to look you in the eye while I don't answer your question ? - Juvenal, this debate has really exposed Nigel Farage. You may not be aware of all the details, Juvenal, but there's something called the European Union which has given us the prosperity and freedom I, err you, enjoy today. Nigel Farage wants to take all of that away and turn the clock back to a time when Britian was an appalling and reactionary place. So, Juvenal, if you love your country you'll be pleased to know that I've put that man Farage firmly in his place.

Looks like Clegg's taking a trouncing...

Boy against a man...

The fact is that Clegg has lost the popular vote of the people when it comes to the EU debate. In latest polls 72% want Britain to come out of the EU. The halfwit argument that it has siomething to do with jobs is just a put uop job. The fact is we will probably come out, we will survive and prosper. The car industry won't move anywhere because there will have to asuitable trade agreement with the EU. How could they not enter into one when we receive 50 % more good sfrom the EU thna we export. We can also then, as Farage says, set about making other trade agreements all around the world just as we please, without some undemocratic nany following us about trying to interfere and forcing us to go through 'Euro institutions'.

If you did not see that CH 4 prog called - Farage, Who are you? ......then see it on Utube or somewhere. It was very enlightening at juts how astonishingly undemocratic the EU is and how it wastes appalling amounts of money. Frankly, I want out. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV-TbeGoQcs

Well, Juvenal - where are you sitting so I can pretend to look you in the eye while I don't answer your question ? - Juvenal, this debate has really exposed Nigel Farage. You may not be aware of all the details, Juvenal, but there's something called the European Union which has given us the prosperity and freedom I, err you, enjoy today. Nigel Farage wants to take all of that away and turn the clock back to a time when Britian was an appalling and reactionary place. So, Juvenal, if you love your country you'll be pleased to know that I've put that man Farage firmly in his place.

Our prosperity has NOTHING to do with being a member of the EU. We may trade with them, but have no need to be ruled by them. The % of GDP exported TOthe EU by Norway and Switzerland both exceeds ours and they are NOT inthe EU and don't want to be. They retain their own currency.

There is no wealth pot created by the EU - in fact it is a failing economic area. It has landed all southern Europe with being actually bust and youth unemployemnt as high as 63% in Greece.

Guest spp

There is no wealth pot created by the EU - in fact it is a failing economic area. It has landed all southern Europe with being actually bust and youth unemployemnt as high as 63% in Greece.

Should we expect anything else from a POLITICAL union...?

I think I know how it'll be reported tomorrow.

Clegg won - Daily Telegraph

Clegg won - The Guardian

Clegg won - The Times

Clegg won - The Daily Mail

Clegg won - Independent

Get in Cleggsy! - The Sun

Without all the annoying EU regulations, the UK could become the next Bangladesh.

Plenty of work for everyone!

We need to get rid of the career politicians both in Europe and the UK.

Bigoted far right white boomer nimby City of London apologist shouting at some other bloke.

Who cares.

The fact is that Clegg has lost the popular vote of the people when it comes to the EU debate. In latest polls 72% want Britain to come out of the EU. The halfwit argument that it has siomething to do with jobs is just a put uop job. The fact is we will probably come out, we will survive and prosper. The car industry won't move anywhere because there will have to asuitable trade agreement with the EU. How could they not enter into one when we receive 50 % more good sfrom the EU thna we export. We can also then, as Farage says, set about making other trade agreements all around the world just as we please, without some undemocratic nany following us about trying to interfere and forcing us to go through 'Euro institutions'.

If you did not see that CH 4 prog called - Farage, Who are you? ......then see it on Utube or somewhere. It was very enlightening at juts how astonishingly undemocratic the EU is and how it wastes appalling amounts of money. Frankly, I want out.

Youtube told me I'm not allowed to watch that in the UK, so here's another link 4od. And man, watching some of the audience talk after the debate some of them aren't half mouth breathers - one guy struggled to get much more out than "the guy on the left won" and then agreed that was Nick Clegg, who was standing on the right... What was that about the best argument against democracy was meeting some voters?

Youtube told me I'm not allowed to watch that in the UK, so here's another link 4od. And man, watching some of the audience talk after the debate some of them aren't half mouth breathers - one guy struggled to get much more out than "the guy on the left won" and then agreed that was Nick Clegg, who was standing on the right... What was that about the best argument against democracy was meeting some voters?

not sure how thats an argument against democracy when the alternative is having said mouthbreather making decisions on yours and everyone elses behalf.

Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

Clegg came across as a bit flakey , particularly around the sitting bull putinputinputin phone call Syria tear in my eye sequence , I actually felt embarrassed for the country to think that foreigners might be watching this ..

One third of liberals polled thought that Farrage led the" debate" ,( or successive sound bite sequences ), sez it all really

Best moment .....Clegg being called an outright lair over the 7% , and he didn't even seem outraged on reply....

BBC "spin bar" had emptied even while interviews were still taking place ...free bar too probably...! Reporter looked around and even the bar man had dissapeared .....So much for the happening buzz.....well funny

BBC "spin bar" had emptied even while interviews were still taking place ...free bar too probably...! Reporter looked around and even the bar man had dissapeared .....So much for the happening buzz.....well funny

A clear win for Kay Burley there.

Farage is an excellent performer, but his championing of the poor against the rich made my skin crawl.

I don't think he meant Britain is rich and people beyond the seas are poor. More to do with pensioners whose savings are locked up in overpriced houses.

+1

And when Clegg came out with the same old, tired, applied in all circumstances, piss poor excuse of "I think a referendum now would put the economic recovery at risk”

Bigoted far right white boomer nimby City of London apologist shouting at some other bloke.

Who cares.

Oh, you mean the far right, illiberal Clegg, who stated recently that religious rights (cutting animal throats whilst they are still conscious in certain UK slaughter houses) trump those of animals.