House Price Crash Forum

Car Covered In Dust (South East)

Ash4781

HOLA441

Has anyone else had their car covered with sand/dust this week? I came back to mine yesterday after leaving in an uncovered car park and it was covered. I also had a heavy nosebleed and havfever like symptoms at the weekend.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Yup, everything covered here. SE London. Hoping for some non-dusty rain before the end of the week as I'm far too lazy to wash my car :rolleyes: .

Edit: went to put some washing out today- and discovered that I'd have to take a bit of wet kitchen towel to the line first! That was irritating.

HOLA444

Yup, everything covered here. SE London. Hoping for some non-dusty rain before the end of the week as I'm far too lazy to wash my car :rolleyes: .

Edit: went to put some washing out today- and discovered that I'd have to take a bit of wet kitchen towel to the line first! That was irritating.

Me too and am in SE London here too. It seems to be caused by the rain, which then dries quickly to leave these dusty, dirty marks all over my black car. :angry:

HOLA445

Has anyone else had their car covered with sand/dust this week? I came back to mine yesterday after leaving in an uncovered car park and it was covered. I also had a heavy nosebleed and havfever like symptoms at the weekend.

Yeh, far west as Dorset. Car only, not sinus. Very fine dust, same as a couple of years ago.

HOLA446

Yeh, far west as Dorset. Car only, not sinus. Very fine dust, same as a couple of years ago.

Oi! There's further west than Dorset. The whole of the south got covered, radio mentioned last time we had this was 2008. In again today and warning of air pollution at top level.

This time it isn't covering the whole south, just as far west as Dorset ;)

It didn't come off the car with a hose, needed a full wash.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yes, car totally filthy. Which is how I like it.

Always amusing to drive into the works car park with fresh mud on the roof and a small bit of tree lodged in the grille.

Car actually looks cleaner with an even layer of dust stuck to it.

(In totally unrelated news, my cars always seem to become broken fairly quickly)

HOLA4411

Really?

It started on Sunday. I was driving out of Mcr about 6pm when there were a couple of dirty showers and its done it since.

It was raining and drying into dirty spots on the screen straight away. None of this came back to my car mystery.

Well there might be but the spots of yellow bee poo are more noticeable.

HOLA4412

We have a mad wagtail at the moment. Apart from repeatedly flying into our kitchen window beak first (somewhat disconcerting when we heard this loud tapping sound coming from somewhere in the house) , it rests by sittting on my car driver wing mirror and sh*tting on it.

LOL

Better than a magpie anyway! They really know how to shit. They pinch the elderberries too when they're ripe later in the year and thats a right mess.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

North east and my car was heavily covered on Monday afternoon.

My lungs are feeling this pollution and sand.

Not much here! I thought my car was just dirty!

HOLA4416

North east and my car was heavily covered on Monday afternoon.

My lungs are feeling this pollution and sand.

sand?

rain drops always form around particles, these ones happen to be yellow ones from the Sahara.

I gather there is a heavy dose of pollution coming over from Europe...one wonders where it usually goes?

HOLA4417

I had several nosebleeds over the weekend - Car was covered in stuff monday afternoon - Looks like sulphur. Apparently it was bad yesterday, but it wasn't really reported.

The BBC said on monday that it only comes down with the rain and we shouldn't worry, now they are saying the vulnerable should stay indoors.

Tuesday night I had quite a bad cough and blocked nose, this morning was worse. Car is covered again even though I went through the car wash.

Most people had the windows open at work and some Guy sounded like he was coughing his guts up. I can now smell it a bit now (even with all the windows closed). Apparently it should clear up by friday.

HOLA4418

I had several nosebleeds over the weekend - Car was covered in stuff monday afternoon - Looks like sulphur. Apparently it was bad yesterday, but it wasn't really reported.

It was really bad on Sunday wasn't it. I thought I was being affected by tree pollen, I had hay fever like symptoms, stinging eyes and felt quite congested almost like I was coming down with a cold. My wife complained that her eyes were stinging badly all day and she has never suffered from hay fever.

Worst of all I had cleaned my car on Saturday. It was gleaming then, when I went out on Sunday it was covered in dust.

The dust from the Sahara was mentioned on breakfast TV on Monday morning.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

It was really bad on Sunday wasn't it. I thought I was being affected by tree pollen, I had hay fever like symptoms, stinging eyes and felt quite congested almost like I was coming down with a cold. My wife complained that her eyes were stinging badly all day and she has never suffered from hay fever.

Worst of all I had cleaned my car on Saturday. It was gleaming then, when I went out on Sunday it was covered in dust.

The dust from the Sahara was mentioned on breakfast TV on Monday morning.

Strangely, I normally suffer greatly from hayfever but haven't felt a thing with this pollution. My wife has it pretty bad though.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

That's why I never clean the outside of my car, rain washes off most of the dirt eventually anyway.

HOLA4424

That's why I never clean the outside of my car, rain washes off most of the dirt eventually anyway.

Hmmm... I'm guessing you have a silver car which doesn't show the dirt too badly.

Road dirt IME isn't like mud, it adheres and needs to be physically removed, just getting it wet won't do it and you need soem seriously heavy rain to shift any of it which we really don't get that often.

I've had silver cars which are fine for not washing for a while, now black which requires constant washing not to look shabby, I've been offered a white car, I don't know what they're like but they can't be as bad as black.

HOLA4425

Archived