House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ayatollah Buggeri

Lego Is A Tool Of Satan

The Telegraph has a great one:

lego-vampyre-evil_2869092b.jpg

Lego is a tool of Satan, warns Polish priest

Father Slawomir Kostrzewa says toy company represents 'world of death' and that Zombie and Monster Fighter mini-figures can lead children 'to the dark side'

A Polish priest has warned parents to be on their guard against Lego, warning the plastic blocks are a tool of Satan and can "destroy" children's souls.

In a presentation aimed at parents, Father Slawomir Kostrzewa said the popular Danish toy company had taken a lurch to the dark side with its series of Monster Fighters and Zombie mini-figures, and that they "were about darkness and the world of death".

"Friendly fellows have been replaced by dark monsters," he explained. "These toys can have a negative effect on children. They can destroy their souls and lead them to the dark side."

Lego's Monster Fighters range features Lord Vampyre, a fanged Dracula-like character, who battles the likes of Doctor Rodney Rathbone and Major Quinton Steele as they try to prevent him from "cloaking the world in darkness".

The priest also cited research by New Zealand's University of Canterbury that found the facial expressions of Lego figures have also become angrier over the years, and that this compounded their evil potential.

"Facial expressions may be lead to confusion between good and evil," said Father Kostrzewa. "It appears the good suffer in battle and the 'villains' have a face showing satisfaction with their evil deeds."

But the claims that Lego blocks are becoming the work of the devil was dismissed by at least one expert.

"These are just blocks," retorted Monika Filipowska, a psychologist interviewed by the Super Express newspaper. "Linking them to Satan is just wrong, and all that will happen is that children will be afraid of them now."

Father Kostrzewa's attack on Lego is not the first time he has accused toys of harbouring evil. Hello Kitty and My Little Pony have also come under his scrutiny, with the latter being described as a "carrier of death".

Lego was unavailable for comment.

Lego nimbyism as it's best. :lol:

This guy has been ranting about devil worship in kids toys for years, although last year it was the promotion of necro-vamps and prostitutes to teenagers via toys and movies that was the topic of choice.

Radio 2's Ken Bruce is not, I must admit, my regular morning listen, but on Friday, he seemed a changed man. "You're a heavy drinker, is that right?" he said to a caller. "Sorry, you're a campaigner for real ale." Hmm. Ken turned out not to be Ken, but Rob Brydon doing the most brilliantly subtle impression. Gradually, gradually, throughout the programme, people caught on; though I have friends who are regular Ken Bruce listeners and they genuinely didn't notice, just thought Ken was having a funny turn. "Is he drunk?" wondered one. "Why is he singing?" tweeted another. A listener texted in to ask "Ken" if he was as happy at home as on the radio. "Ah no," he said. "I think the doctor described it as 'bipolar'… When I get home, I stare at the wall a lot of the time and play PopMaster with the cushions. Hello, Red Cushion." A proper, properly funny April fool.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/apr/03/radioplayer-ken-bruce-jeremy-vine

http://www.devon24.co.uk/news/aligator_eggs_advertised_at_axminster_1_3518323?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

An Axminster couple who claimed to have set up an alligator sanctuary on the River Axe apparently went into business selling their eggs yesterday (April 1).

Allan Howlings and his partner Margaret Marciniak put up signs outside their Weycroft Bridge B&B and Fishery advertising the new venture,

In a statement to the Herald they said: “We have decided to branch out into conservation as we have a delightful stretch of the river Axe next to our little cottage.

“We have had the blessing of Weycroft Bridge Conservation Society (WBCS) to instigate an alligator sanctuary. Due to the high volume of sea trout and salmon present in the river system this has proven to be an unparalleled success with their numbers constantly increasing.

“We have therefore decided to offer our alligator eggs as a new delicacy together with our popular duck eggs.

The bricks in the pic aren’t Lego.

They’re a clone brand, probably Korean, and they are clearly the work of Satan.

The problem with this 'Fool' is that you can imagine some kind of priest actualyl saying this kind of nonsense so I am not sure that it truly qualifies as being a true April Fool.

The problem with this 'Fool' is that you can imagine some kind of priest actualyl saying this kind of nonsense so I am not sure that it truly qualifies as being a true April Fool.

I thought it read like a typical Ayatollah Buggeri post myself.