House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Brazilian Company Builds Device That Provides 'free' Electricity

http://philosophers-stone.co.uk/wordpress/2014/03/inventors-harness-free-energy-using-new-device/

The device requires a small amount of initial input power to initiate the movement of a sensor, which then produces over-unity power. The device is small, which means it can be used to power vehicles, homes, and businesses. The site claims the input power needed to run it is around 2% of its output power.

They have several sizes of the generator. The smallest prototype they built is capable of generating 12.1 kw of power, with a load of 6000 watts, using only 21 watts input energy. The prototype unit weighs 1.5 kg measuring 20x30x15 cm. The average home needs around 15 kw of power.

Hmmm I sense this is likely to be even bigger b0110cks than what's in the DM.

Hmmm I sense this is likely to be even bigger b0110cks than what's in the DM.

What's in the DM?

Following the link you posted I found two more videos.

Anyone understands Portuguese here?

if this is for real then it's certainly worth a look.

TBH I would much rather be trading with brazil than a lot of the crackpot nut-jobs in the Middle east.

they are much more politically stable( and they have fantastic football and cracking wenches)

I hope this is real!

(as a side note, that newsreader is absolutely stunning!)

I'm sure it isn't. It'll be just an elaborate conjuring trick like all the other "free energy" scams.

I'm sure it isn't. It'll be just an elaborate conjuring trick like all the other "free energy" scams.

I would have thought you would be hoping this is real too, as it would solve all your 'man made global warming' problems!

I would have thought you would be hoping this is real too, as it would solve all your 'man made global warming' problems!

Not much point getting my hopes up for a device which fails the basic "complies with the laws of physics" sniff test.

This device is really amusing when you look at the power outputs they are claiming. If any of the readers think that this particular device is real deal please stop here. In one of their tests they are claiming 22 watts in and 6 kw out.

http://revolution-green.com/energy-earth-update-buyer-aware/

Remember Steorn... in 2006 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

Plenty of other such companies who've mesmerised investors and created themselves a following.

Not much point getting my hopes up for a device which fails the basic "complies with the laws of physics" sniff test.

Merely fails them?!? I reckon we could get time to go into reverse if we powered up enough of these (21W in = 12.1kW out - a mere 57,600% return).

It's pseudo-scientific gobbledegook, and I doubt it makes any more sense in the original Portuguese.

To be fair patents use pseudoscientific language at best. This is still ******** though.

they are claiming its a sort of heat pump based on the earths magnetic field.

Heat pumps work.

If this works doctor evil and his chums could melt the polar ice caps with a giant electric heater version...

worse than that, they could halt the Earth's spinning.

I would love it to be real.

However, whenever they say 'It produces more power than it receives from the mains', the first think I'm thinking it 'Well, just unplug the freakin' thing, then'.

If I bought a diesel generator, I'd be highly disappointed if I found that I had to plug it into the mains to make it work.

I would love it to be real.

However, whenever they say 'It produces more power than it receives from the mains', the first think I'm thinking it 'Well, just unplug the freakin' thing, then'.

If I bought a diesel generator, I'd be highly disappointed if I found that I had to plug it into the mains to make it work.

it could be as simple as they simply rectify the voltage to x times 110v, and measure that, and measure the amps on the way in, and multiply the two.

worse than that, they could halt the Earth's spinning.

No doubt we'll be on the dark side in the middle of the night!

luckily giant electric lighting could be put into place for those effected.

If the Earth stops spinning we'll get 6 months of daylight and 6 months of darkness. For permanent night it would have to spin once a year.

As for this ridiculous-sounding device why does anyone ever swallow these claims?

they are claiming its a sort of heat pump based on the earths magnetic field.

Heat pumps work.

That would imply it's been mischaracterised in this thread. Whether it works or not!

Heat pumps don't give you something for nothing. They give you something for something, but ) take much of that something-in from a renewable source, thus producing more-out per non-renewable unit in.

If it can genuinely harness Earth's magnetic field, that's potentially interesting - though at best it'll still be a microgeneration source or take large areas (like wind or solar farms) to produce anything serious. And to affect Earth's spin would imply taking a lot more out than the amount of fossil fuels that'll terraform Earth's atmosphere into something that won't support modern high-metabolic-rate life forms - like birds and mammals.

That would imply it's been mischaracterised in this thread. Whether it works or not!

Heat pumps don't give you something for nothing. They give you something for something, but ) take much of that something-in from a renewable source, thus producing more-out per non-renewable unit in.

If it can genuinely harness Earth's magnetic field, that's potentially interesting - though at best it'll still be a microgeneration source or take large areas (like wind or solar farms) to produce anything serious. And to affect Earth's spin would imply taking a lot more out than the amount of fossil fuels that'll terraform Earth's atmosphere into something that won't support modern high-metabolic-rate life forms - like birds and mammals.

I read a SciFi short story many years ago where the world was powered by heatpumps...all seemed well in the world until it was revealed that outside the cosy homes, the world was near absolute zero.