House Price Crash Forum
council dweller

Tesco Really Is Going Down The Pan!

It`s all over their website `very little helps`.

This will mean `team leaders` will get demoted or have to take redundancy. = tens of thousands take a pay cut or face the chop.

It`s all over their website `very little helps`.

This will mean `team leaders` will get demoted or have to take redundancy. = tens of thousands take a pay cut or face the chop.

Glad to read that. Their products are either abysmally bad or not cheaper than "good" brand products. To me Tesco is the retail arm of the NHS. You're not welcome, you're a nuisance. They will treat you like that.

Big hype about nothing.

IMO get rid of both.

Jule

I am not a great fan of tesco's. However I feel sorry for the staff. You now have to make a heroic effort for a low level job. Must keep the rent seeking share holders happy.

Glad to read that. Their products are either abysmally bad or not cheaper than "good" brand products. To me Tesco is the retail arm of the NHS. You're not welcome, you're a nuisance. They will treat you like that.

Big hype about nothing.

IMO get rid of both.

Jule

Yes.

It seems is the result of Tesco`s sound-bites over the past couple of years is to the pay staff less and so make more profit.

Brilliant `ay!

Edited by council dweller

With Morrisons reducing their margin expectations to compete with discounters I suppose this is Tesco's solution to staying in the game as their POR is wafer thin compared to the other mults. Considering "customer service" is often cited as the rationale for Tescos decline in market share, this feels like quite a contradictory move....

Again, I feel sorry for the staff, most of whom I have found to be helpful.

But looking at the big picture, trouble couldn't happen to a nicer firm - one that bullies local planning authorities into granting totally inappropriate planning consents because the LAs fear the legal and financial power of Tescos, bullying suppliers, destroying high streets and running a coach and horses through previous Sunday trading laws by breaking them and just cooly paying the fines.

They have a pure bankster mentality.

With Morrisons reducing their margin expectations to compete with discounters I suppose this is Tesco's solution to staying in the game as their POR is wafer thin compared to the other mults. Considering "customer service" is often cited as the rationale for Tescos decline in market share, this feels like quite a contradictory move....

Yes.

It`s like in those silent movies where everything on the paddle steamer is chucked on the fire in order to keep the boat going.

It`s panic stations folks!

To me Tesco is the retail arm of the NHS. You're not welcome, you're a nuisance.

Reminds of my time in the NHS, when a Dr was due to see a patient pre-treatment, no sign of the Dr, but the patient is set up on time, still no Dr, lots of rushing to get the Dr's mobile number. Turns out the Dr is off somewhere having lunch, having made no contact what so ever with the department. Can't treat the patient, so they have to hang around until the Dr can be bothered to turn up.

As for Tesco, I was there when the mainframe support was outsourced to India. The official line was that it was success, the real line was that it was a failure (initially at least), with unfixed bugs being closed as fixed. The UK team was bought back to do what the Indians couldn't.

Where does this info come from OP?

the website very little helps.

Look for the first unpinned thread entited ARE TEAM LEADER JOBS SAFE.

there are many hits made on a very quiet site.

Where does this info come from OP?

Look for the first unpinned thread entitled ARE TEAM LEADER JOBS SAFE.

Look for the first unpinned thread entitled ARE TEAM LEADER JOBS SAFE.

Link to the site in question.

Again, I feel sorry for the staff, most of whom I have found to be helpful.

But looking at the big picture, trouble couldn't happen to a nicer firm - one that bullies local planning authorities into granting totally inappropriate planning consents because the LAs fear the legal and financial power of Tescos, bullying suppliers, destroying high streets and running a coach and horses through previous Sunday trading laws by breaking them and just cooly paying the fines.

They have a pure bankster mentality.

I remember being told a story by a farmer. They had packed a lot of soft fruit into tesco's packaging and then were told tesco's didn't want it. Re packaging the fruit would have damaged the fruit and where would they find another buyer. From the story he didn't get paid.

...just to add one thing.

Up until a year or so ago team leaders had to work whatever hours they were given but they had the advantage of getting higher pay (9 pounds + per hour?) General assistants received less money but could not be forced to work overtime etc.

So from now on all new staff will be on zero hours contracts and will kill for overtime so team leaders will not be needed. Good innit?

...just to add one thing.

Up until a year or so ago team leaders had to work whatever hours they were given but they had the advantage of getting higher pay (9 pounds + per hour?) General assistants received less money but could not be forced to work overtime etc.

So from now on all new staff will be on zero hours contracts and will kill for overtime so team leaders will not be needed. Good innit?

They are just cutting their cloth accordingly. No one likes being conned and i guess the times arrived that a large proportion of their customer base have had the penny drop.

Tesco are in big trouble.Morrisons made the right choices in their results.Instead of cutting back on staff etc they instead decided to cut profits in half.It might seem drastic but its the right answer.Their new online operation looks like it will be far superior to the other big 3 as well.Tesco are seeing profits collapse as well but just keep digging.

0 hours contracts will destroy our economy in the end.IDS will get a shock if he ever got UC to work as the likes of Tesco will use it even more than they use tax credits now.

Tesco are in big trouble.Morrisons made the right choices in their results.Instead of cutting back on staff etc they instead decided to cut profits in half.It might seem drastic but its the right answer.Their new online operation looks like it will be far superior to the other big 3 as well.Tesco are seeing profits collapse as well but just keep digging.

0 hours contracts will destroy our economy in the end.IDS will get a shock if he ever got UC to work as the likes of Tesco will use it even more than they use tax credits now.

I have to agree the zero hour contracts will come back to haunt the elites, people can't plan and will probably end up being more cautious over spending with the uncertainty it creates.

It's hard to see how house prices can be supported with zero hour contracts without extensive state subsidies for people to claim tax credits when they have no work that week.

<snip>It's hard to see how house prices can be supported with zero hour contracts without extensive state subsidies for people to claim tax credits when they have no work that week.<snip>

Would that not require a functioning system for checking how much they earn and paying them tax credits, if applicable, in real time?

I have to agree the zero hour contracts will come back to haunt the elites, people can't plan and will probably end up being more cautious over spending with the uncertainty it creates.

It's hard to see how house prices can be supported with zero hour contracts without extensive state subsidies for people to claim tax credits when they have no work that week.

Zero hours contracts in a debt based system does seem a basic contradiction- a debt slave with no ability to service that debt consistently is of little use.

Went to Aldi the other day: 25 quid for a week's shop. At Tesco I'd pay £40 and Waitrose, £50. I reckon the high quality and great value far outweigh the inconvenience of narrow aisles and an overcrowded store. Checkouts are great, too! They bang your goods through at an insanely fast rate and have no patience for the sort of person who blocks the till while they fanny around endlessly doing god knows what.

Went to Aldi the other day: 25 quid for a week's shop. At Tesco I'd pay £40 and Waitrose, £50. I reckon the high quality and great value far outweigh the inconvenience of narrow aisles and an overcrowded store. Checkouts are great, too! They bang your goods through at an insanely fast rate and have no patience for the sort of person who blocks the till while they fanny around endlessly doing god knows what.

I love that, too. Straight back into your trolley. It takes about 30 seconds.