House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Labour Mp Forced To Apologise Over Hilarious Joke About Eric Pickles

A senior Labour MP has apologised for posting a joke on Twitter made by former party leader Lord Kinnock about a cabinet minister dying.

The joke, about Eric Pickles, was in a private letter to shadow justice secretary Sadiq Khan.

Offering to sponsor Mr Khan in the London Marathon, Lord Kinnock suggested he persuade Mr Pickles to take part "so we have a helpful by-election".

Mr Khan later deleted the message and apologised to Mr Pickles.

Mr Khan posted the letter on Twitter to promote his fundraising efforts for the Dispossessed Fund charity, which tackles poverty and deprivation across London.

Conservative MP Priti Patel accused Mr Khan of "seriously flawed" judgment.

_73859986_neilkinnockpicklesletter.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-26768833

Personally, I think this is funny. Pickles is clearly in danger of a cardiac event. We, the great unwashed are continually lectured about our weight and diet, but apparently, Pickles can stuff his face with cheese quarter pounders and that's ok.

And it once again goes to show that although Kinnock was a politician of doubtful ability, he has a great sense of humour. :)

It'd be more entertaining if Tony Blair had written it.

If Blair had written it, he would have probably thought: 'I know people who can do this sort of thing, like when they got John Smith and Robin Cook. ' And then he would have phoned them up and there would be a by-election. :o

If Blair had written it, he would have probably thought: 'I know people who can do this sort of thing, like when they got John Smith and Robin Cook. ' And then he would have phoned them up and there would be a by-election. :o

Yeah, but just imagine the look on Pickles' face when he found out about Blair's little joke. It'd be pure Deliverance.

:lol:

Great thread!

Maybe, if we had more people posting stuff on other, new threads about the minister, the mods would eventually combine them into the 'Big, Fat, Clueless, Sumo, Eric Pickles Thread.'

Where's IRRO when you need him? :P

Any time anyone in government mentions fat taxes I Immediately think of Pickles. I just want one brave journalist to ask "Oh Right, so will Eric Pickles lead by example?".

And that's not because I particularly hate Pickles, he's no more useless than the rest of them. It's a point of principle. Speak to the man on your front bench before you sort the rest of us, you nudging tosspots.

Maybe, if we had more people posting stuff on other, new threads about the minister, the mods would eventually combine them into the 'Big, Fat, Clueless, Sumo, Eric Pickles Thread.'

Where's IRRO when you need him? :P

A potential merger option for you: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=197619&pid=1102492456&st=0entry1102492456

Apparently Pickles objects to other people growing vegetables for food! Oh the horror.... :o