House Price Crash Forum

Gay Marriage

MrPin

HOLA441

I think it's a good thing!

It's a public and state recognised way of publicly stating, you want this other person to take priority over your grasping family when you finally pop your clogs!

I'm not sure why some churches don't like people the way God made them! They think they can do better? :blink:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

By definition marriage is the union between a man and a woman, so gay 'marriage' is an oxymoron.

Introducing gay 'marriages' is just another step towards weakening the natural family model in order to make every more and more dependent on the state rather than family.

That said I have nothing against 'civil unions' for gays as a legal form to provide gay couples with the same tax and inheritance rights as married heterosexual couples.

HOLA444

Divorce lawyers were feeling the pinch. Now they can diversify.

Ah you beat me to it! When is the first gay divorce? :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446

By definition marriage is the union between a man and a woman, so gay 'marriage' is an oxymoron.

Introducing gay 'marriages' is just another step towards weakening the natural family model in order to make every more and more dependent on the state rather than family.

That said I have nothing against 'civil unions' for gays as a legal form to provide gay couples with the same tax and inheritance rights as married heterosexual couples.

I think that was what I was getting at!

But isn't marriage a public acceptance of somebody unrelated as "family"?

HOLA447

Where exactly did you find this amazing dictionary that defines everything as whatever you think it should be?

HOLA448

Yes while it's easy to understand a gay person wanting equal legal rights, I can't quite understand why they would want to be viewed as being the same.

Have you personally been denied medical care in a potentially life threatening situation because you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally had a job offer rescinded when your potential employer discovered that you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally been threatened with exclusion from school because you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally had friends beaten to death because they weren't "the same"?

Now tell me about why anyone would want to be viewed as being the same.

HOLA449

Where exactly did you find this amazing dictionary that defines everything as whatever you think it should be?

From the fictional character Humpty Dumpty in Lewis Caroll's Through the Looking-Glass, who, when asked what he meant by "glory", replies "I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!'". Alice protests that this isn't the meaning of "glory" and Humpty Dumpty replies "When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

Noun

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Have you personally been denied medical care in a potentially life threatening situation because you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally had a job offer rescinded when your potential employer discovered that you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally been threatened with exclusion from school because you weren't "the same"?

Have you personally had friends beaten to death because they weren't "the same"?

Yes, there is insurance and pension rights and stuff!! All important!

I'm quite glad we are not all the "same". Or as a lady friend of mine puts it "Christ almighty, I hope you are not twins!".

PS. I don't think Mr Swissy is one of the ranters!

HOLA4412

Well yes when you put it that way it's more understandable. But those things are more to do with terrible and illegal behaviour of other people than the law which already, correctly, forbids all of them.

None of those things should happen, clearly. You sure about the third one? That sounds very very unlikely these days, and the first seems odd too.

HOLA4413

It's a public and state recognised way of publicly stating, you want this other person to take priority over your grasping family when you finally pop your clogs!

I'm not sure why some churches don't like people the way God made them! They think they can do better? :blink:

I thought that civil partnerships were a good thing when introduced in 2005. So why the need for gay marriage? What possible purpose does it serve except for the mad equality agenda?

Or as a wedge issue to take people's minds off the fact that economically they are getting screwed?

But as I say, what was wrong with civil partnerships, and if I want to marry seven people at once, what on earth is the rationale for denying me my right to equal marriage? Or come to think of it, if I want to marry my cat, who on Earth are you to deny me my rights? I want to catch my TB in a loving relationship recognised by the State.

HOLA4414

But that was already possible with civil partnerships, wasn't it?

HOLA4415

Ah, but these days, if my opinion is not 'the same' I can be dismissed by my employer.

Or persecuted by the state.

How long before #KillAll Straights appears on Twitter?

HOLA4416

Well yes when you put it that way it's more understandable. But those things are more to do with terrible and illegal behaviour of other people than the law which already, correctly, forbids all of them.

None of those things should happen, clearly. You sure about the third one? That sounds very very unlikely these days, and the first seems odd too.

Unfortunately, the lesson that I've learned is that when you show up at A&E with unexplained chest pain, don't see a doctor with a muslim name.

HOLA4417

But that was already possible with civil partnerships, wasn't it?

Yes, but some people need a public proclamation! Not sure where the differentiation is!

HOLA4418

Ah, but these days, if my opinion is not 'the same' I can be dismissed by my employer.

Or persecuted by the state.

How long before #KillAll Straights appears on Twitter?

Really. So you've been dismissed by your employer because you hold a different opinion? You've been persecuted by the state? You've been threatened with death?

Or are these just things that you imagine "might" happen?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Really. So you've been dismissed by your employer because you hold a different opinion? You've been persecuted by the state? You've been threatened with death?

Or are these just things that you imagine "might" happen?

If you work in a university, you would be most unwise to question the consensus reality matrix on this topic. I know.

And I did not imagine that the minister of a local Baptist church received a visit from the police because he preached a sermon on an inconvenient passage in Romans Chapter 1, which does not portray gayness in a good light. Alleged concern about hate speech.

HOLA4421

Tried gay marriage once, but it didn't last

Found it to be a bit of a bummer...

XYY

Aye well,ye canna get the wrung hawl, when it's a blurk! They's urnly one! :o

Divvent yer fatha tell ye notha? :blink:

HOLA4422

Yes, but some people need a public proclamation! Not sure where the differentiation is!

But these public proclamations and public ceremonies were all the rage back in 2005/6 when the Civil Partnership Act became law.

I went to one myself, as a guest.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

But these public proclamations and public ceremonies were all the rage back in 2005/6 when the Civil Partnership Act became law.

I went to one myself, as a guest.

MrPin approves of your choice of friends! If they weren't your friends you would not have been there! :blink:

HOLA4425

Can a straight marry a gay ? I fancy finding myself an elderly gay millionaire about to pop his clogs

Yer a widow wobbler? :huh:

Archived