House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny Deflation

Millionaire Paul Daniels Says There Are No Great Magicians These Days

He [Daniels] said he has met the current crop of magicians such as David Blaine, Derren Brown and Dynamo but would not judge them properly until he sees them live one stage.

He said: “They are great and they are good at their specialities but I haven’t seen a great all-round magician for a long time.”

Full article: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Paul-Daniels-admits-great-round-magicians-left/story-20860652-detail/story.html#ixzz2xI8fKLrP

or David Nixon

I remember David Nixon, but not Merlin. I used to see Mr Nixon out shopping when I was a kid in Surrey!

Sorry does that say Croydon Advertiser?

Great indeed :)

P

I learned everything I knew from that, before the Internet! Actually we got the "Coulsdon and Purley Advertiser" version, as we didn't live near many black people, except the bloke 3 doors away who worked with my dad!

Daniels should pop round our house and check out Mrs XYY.

She does this amazing trick where she makes all my money disappear...!

Maybe being magic, he could explain to me how she does it - it's sure got me baffled...

XYY

I remember David Nixon, but not Merlin. I used to see Mr Nixon out shopping when I was a kid in Surrey!

David Nixon assisted by Barbara Hanna. There is also Ali Bongo there (in a suit for a change) who devised a lot of the tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbX08SLgnBw

David Nixon assisted by Barbara Hanna. There is also Ali Bongo there (in a suit for a change) who devised a lot of the tricks.

What an unfortunate name! Not that "Ali Bongo" would be a good name to come into Heathrow with! :o

Certainly, television of a time past!

I hope Mr Nixon didn't live too close to the young Pin, or I might have scrumped his apples. No innuendo intended. :lol:

My mum used to point him out to me "Look, it's David Nixon, the magician"!

I hope Mr Nixon's mum pointed him out to me, "Beware! The future Pin"! :huh:

And the lovely Anita Harris.

Anita Harris ! the only thing I remember her doing was as the ever present guest on Celebrity Squares along with William Rushton.

Ah she was a pop singer, a bit too young to notice at the time..........