• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Best I could find for you IRRO. No aliens, but sex and the Met.... and 'unbelievable' compo.

I offer the interestrateripoff tribute post with a North-Eastern twist - stories aren't from the Daily Mail, but from the Hartlepool Mail...!

(Which indecently, was originally called the Northern Daily Mail - spooky...! link )

Anyway, this one from today's edition ticks all the IRRO boxes - benefits thief pretends her kids are in care to scam more money and gets jailed...!

greedy-mum-jailed-for-fiddling-26k-by-claiming-for-four-children-that-had-been-taken-into-care

At the time the children were taken into care her lifestyle was quite chaotic. She started suffering from depression and anxiety and she was also put on some medication.

“She came off that medication but went back on it after her fifth child was taken into care.

“She thought her children would be brought back to her so she didn’t tell the council, but she accepts she should have done so.”

EDIT: Added quote for extra irro authenticity.

:)

XYY

HOLA447
HOLA448

I offer the interestrateripoff tribute post with a North-Eastern twist - stories aren't from the Daily Mail, but from the Hartlepool Mail...!

(Which indecently, was originally called the Northern Daily Mail - spooky...! link )

Anyway, this one from today's edition ticks all the IRRO boxes - benefits thief pretends her kids are in care to scam more money and gets jailed...!

greedy-mum-jailed-for-fiddling-26k-by-claiming-for-four-children-that-had-been-taken-into-care

EDIT: Added quote for extra irro authenticity.

:)

XYY

Fiddling 26k? That surely beats Jimmy Savile's total.

HOLA449

Fiddling 26k? That surely beats Jimmy Savile's total.

Aye Mr Aisles, it probably does...! :)

Anyway, seeing this is a really interesting thread, what I'm really interested in is how many of you are here right now at 11.25pm on a Thursday night simply because you enjoy a shorter working day on a Friday...?

I am - it's a 1.30pm finish tomorrow - so having a 'Thirsty Thursday' and staying up a bit later than usual has become quite a habit.

And one that I enjoy very much... :)

Any one else out there in hpc-land doing the same...?

XYY

HOLA4410

Meanwhile in Didsbury...

Manchester Evening News: Thieves swipe pensioner's life savings disguised as a baked potato

I won't spoil the story by letting on whether it was the thieves or the life savings in disguise.

edit: actually this one's miles better for an IRRO tribute thread, from Your Jewish News no less

YJN: Tourists flock to see tree that grew an 8 inch p3nis

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/27/teenager-gets-mcdonalds-receipt-tattooed-on-his-arm-as-a-punishment-from-friends-4680462/

The 18-year-old had been at a Norwegian branch of the restaurant when his friends decided he needed to be punished for being ‘a little too active towards the ladies lately’.

‘When we were in the restaurant on Monday, they said I had to tattoo a Barbie doll on my bum, or the receipt on my arm,’ Mr Ytterdahl told Romerikes Blad.

ad_130832096.jpg?w=650&h=433&crop=1#038;h=667

You'd never know about this genius tattoo.

HOLA4413

That's very sad actually. If you watch the video in that link where they interview the boy and his 'friend', you can see that he was totally under the malign influence of his brighter friend who does most of the talking.

A bit like Tony Blair and the electorate. We're the fat boy with the receipt tattooed on our foreheads.

The receipt is tattooed on our kids.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The first one must be an example of one of the last lost tribes. They sound like they are from Belfast!

The second one, I couldn't help mailing to some friends

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/467438/Actress-launches-1m-lawsuit-over-racist-slope-comment-by-Top-Gear-s-Clarkson

Indian-born Somi Guha, 36, has instructed lawyers after Clarkson used the word 'slope' - a derogatory term for people of Asian descent - in the final show of the series.

Her lawyers claim her action could cost the BBC £1 million in punitive damages under equality laws, unless it apologises and takes the hit motoring show off the air.

In the controversial comment, Clarkson, 53, said: "That is a proud moment, but there's a slope on it", as a man walked towards him on a makeshift bridge over Thailand's River Kwai.

Co-presenter Richard Hammond, 44, replied, indicating the bridge's surface: "You're right, it's definitely higher on that side."

We can't discuss this either.

HOLA4419

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqZoaWKv2k#t=102

Can't post this either.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/28/video-dangerous-driver-gets-whats-coming-to-him-4681401/

This is the moment karma came back to bite an aggressive driver who had been tailgating the car in front of him.

The video showed the man swerving out of control on a road in Tampa, Florida, after he had sworn at a female driver who he thought was not driving fast enough.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-28/guardians-deputy-editor-claims-uk-government-threatened-shut-paper-down

Submitted by Mike Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

Mr Johnson said the whole attitude in the UK was that national security trumped press freedom and that the newspaper should not publish a word…We were threatened that we would be closed down. We were accused of endangering national security and people’s lives. It left us in a very difficult position.

- Paul Johnson, deputy editor of The Guardian

As if you didn’t already recognize the serious threat to press freedom in the UK following authorities holding Glenn Greenwald’s partner David Miranda for eight hours under “terrorism” laws as he transferred through London’s Heathrow airport. It’s not just the traditional press at risk in the UK either, the government is hard at work censoring the internet itself via ridiculous filters.

Now we find out from the Irish Times that:

The Guardian newspaper was threatened with closure by the British government over the Edward Snowden spying affair, the Radiodays Europe conference has been told.

The paper’s deputy editor Paul Johnson said Britain’s intelligence agencies visited them and told them they would be closed if they persisted in printing Snowden’s revelations of mass surveillance involving the National Security Agency (NSA) in the United Statesand the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) in the UK. Mr Snowden is now in Russia, where he has temporary asylum. He is wanted by the US authorities on espionage charges.

Freedom of the press.

HOLA4425

Archived