House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovelyhead

A Challenge For Interestrateripoff

Interestrateripoff, prove to us you are not a bot, FUBRA employee or newspaper shill. Do not start any new topics between 9pm tonight and 9pm Monday night. Up for the challenge?

Interestrateripoff, prove to us you are not a bot, FUBRA employee or newspaper shill. Do not start any new topics between 9pm tonight and 9pm Monday night. Up for the challenge?

I don't mind him starting interesting topics(although that isn't very often), and he's usually fairly good-humoured about the abuse he gets for being a shill. No topics at all is a bit harsh IMO.

Yes, ban him from posting...unless it's anything about aliens or xes. B)

IRRO'd for you

Didn't Snowden warn against the powers-that-be employing cognitive infiltrators to sow dissent on internet forums and social media sites?

This so-called challenge from 'lovelyhead' strikes me as being straight out of the NSA/GCHQ playbook.

Didn't Snowden warn against the powers-that-be employing cognitive infiltrators to sow dissent on internet forums and social media sites?

Even if Snowden mentioned it, someone else had already mentioned it first. Not an unusual position for Snowden to be in.

A little ray of (Cass) Sunstein...

Sunstein co-authored a 2008 paper with Adrian Vermeule, titled "Conspiracy Theories," dealing with the risks and possible government responses to false conspiracy theories resulting from "cascades" of faulty information within groups that may ultimately lead to violence. In this article they wrote, "The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be." They go on to propose that, "the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups",[30] where they suggest, among other tactics, "Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."[30] They refer, several times, to groups that promote the view that the US Government was responsible or complicit in the September 11 attacks as "extremist groups."

This so-called challenge from 'lovelyhead' strikes me as being straight out of the NSA/GCHQ playbook.

:lol:

Yes this cauldron of dissent and revolution that is OT has obviously attracted attention.

:lol:

Yes this cauldron of dissent and revolution that is OT has obviously attracted attention.

I'm not suggesting anything untoward is taking place in this thread but, as a general principle, thanks to the massive expansion in counter-intelligence funding and sub-contracting bonanza that took place post 9/11, I have a strong suspicion that there are a lot of bored c***s out there with time on their hands.

...I'm also reminded of the McLibel Case when at times in the original investigation there were as many undercover infiltrators at the activists' meetings as actual activists. The detectives unwittingly started spying on each other.

And then there's the recently mentioned case of Mark Kennedy - seven years undercover spying on an assorted collection of carrot crunchers, millions spent, actual number of Evil-Doers thwarted? By Kennedy's account, nil.

I'm not suggesting anything untoward is taking place in this thread but, as a general principle, thanks to the massive expansion in counter-intelligence funding and sub-contracting bonanza that took place post 9/11, I have a strong suspicion that there are a lot of bored c***s out there with time on their hands.

You must be telepathic, but I can neither confirm nor deny anything.

I don't have a problem with IRRO's posts, even the Daily Heil ones. I just view New Content - and skip the topics I don't like the look of.

The problem is that IRRO's barrage of threads pushes threads started by other people quickly onto the second page where few people will see them.

I think everyone should be limited to a maximum of 1 post per day, then maybe people would be a bit more selective about what they post.

Also dailymail.co.uk should be added to the swear filter

I think everyone should be limited to a maximum of 1 post per day, then maybe people would be a bit more selective about what they post.

Also dailymail.co.uk should be added to the swear filter

+1 assuming you meant 1 new thread a day, 1 post a day is extremely limiting.

What about the fecking withdrawal symptoms? I'm already getting the shakes thinking about it now?

WTF happens if I read the most interesting thing that's ever written between now and Monday and now I can't post it?

I think it's far worse than that!

I find quiet a few people on here entertaining and keep coming back. Perhaps if this forum was full of really dull boring c***s I'd feck off and find something else to do and everyone could be happy not knowing pointless 5h1t.

What about the fecking withdrawal symptoms? I'm already getting the shakes thinking about it now?

Smoke a fat joint and you will forget about posting for the next 6-12 hours at least. :D

Smoke a fat joint and you will forget about posting for the next 6-12 hours at least. :D

Never touched it or smoked.

Although I've always fancied trying space cakes, but then you have no idea of how much you are digesting and you would be fecked for hours!

Never touched it or smoked.

There is a first time for everything.

Although I've always fancied trying space cakes, but then you have no idea of how much you are digesting and you would be fecked for hours!

You would be blissfully relaxed for hours... so what's the problem? :D

Just had another thought we now have an entire thread discussing what one bored c*** is doing by a whole host of other bored c***s who have nothing else better to do than have a whole discussion about what a bored c*** is doing without a hint of irony.

Although I am impressed that this has already descended into conspiracy theory that somehow MI5, CIA are now employing bored c*** to spread DM stories on forums to provoke a reaction from other bored c***s and distract them from the coming economic collapse.

However the even bigger irony is that it appears that this is a hugely successful idea and has completed distracted a whole hose of bored c***s from discussing anything else apart from what one completely bored c*** is doing.

There is a first time for everything.

You would be blissfully relaxed for hours... so what's the problem? :D

I could certainly do with that!!!

However you'll be pleased to know that I soon won't be posting for a bit as I'll be asleep. So your life will be DM free for a good few hours. :lol:

However you'll be pleased to know that I soon won't be posting for a bit as I'll be asleep. So your life will be DM free for a good few hours. :lol:

So am I and I'll be dreaming of lesbian teachers making out thanks to you and the Gardener... :P