House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Abdul Fattah Al-Sisi: New Face Of Egypt's Old Guard

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/war-college-paper.pdf

America has been a driving force in the Middle East with respect to supporting America's national interests.

I quite liked this, I'm not certain who else's national interest America would be representing.

Not fully read it all yet but where this quote is from he does appear to go a bit Millisian in his idea that if democracy is to grow in the Middle East is has to be developed by themselves and not imposed by any outside interest.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/war-college-paper.pdf

I quite liked this, I'm not certain who else's national interest America would be representing.

Not fully read it all yet but where this quote is from he does appear to go a bit Millisian in his idea that if democracy is to grow in the Middle East is has to be developed by themselves and not imposed by any outside interest.

not a chance of democracy growing in the middle east at present,

this is a straight fight between the absolute monarchs and the absolute clerics....and neither will budge.(because they both believe they are appointed by god)

to put this in broadly judeo-christian terms, are they going to follow the supposed direct bloodline of the king, or his appointed priest?

the priests believe they have the power to make and break kings...the kings believe they have the genetics to render the priesthood null and void if so chosen(as they were appointed by their ancestors in the first place)

not a chance of democracy growing in the middle east at present,

this is a straight fight between the absolute monarchs and the absolute clerics....and neither will budge.(because they both believe they are appointed by god)

to put this in broadly judeo-christian terms, are they going to follow the supposed direct bloodline of the king, or his appointed priest?

the priests believe they have the power to make and break kings...the kings believe they have the genetics to render the priesthood null and void if so chosen(as they were appointed by their ancestors in the first place)

I see it as a choice between secular regimes which advance social and economic progress, and on the other hand theocratic regimes favoured by the West because they keep these countries in poverty. The Us was heavily in favour of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Nasser/Saddam v Khomeini/Morsi.