House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Ever Since The Dawn Of Time...

That's it. I have officially had enough. The fatwa against David Quantick is now live.

You must know it. That BBC licence ad (did you know you can get your licence by email? - yes) that is on half hourly rotation, also making me hate the song "Hey there wait a minute Mr Postman".

Meanwhile in Good News Land 7,000 people have written to the BBC withdrwaing their licence inspectors "implied right of access" and can now prosecute them for trespass if they make repeated visits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587588/7-000-homes-block-visits-TV-licence-enforcers-Growing-numbers-taking-advantage-legal-loophole-means-threaten-sue-collectors-tresspass.html#ixzz2wtRnw7Vf

Somebody I know went without her license for some months - possibly as much as nearly a year.

Then she decided to renew over the phone, and they insisted she paid the arrears!

Why couldn't she have denied that she had a telly for all that time?

Grrr! Demanding money with menaces!

Still, it is good news that so many are at last standing up to this entertainment poll tax.

Parliament (Government) wouldn't have taken this step unless they have a backup plan.

The BBC needs funding to continue it's function no matter how distasteful the means they go about collecting it. If mass refusal to pay becomes the norm then I suspect there will be a means to refuse these same people access to their content.

The digital tv changeover is now complete so expect the next generation of TV's/Set top boxes to have smart card tech. You pay you get to watch, you don't and you do not.

Choice is a good thing. If people hate the BBC licence fee so much then the first step has been taken where they don't have to pay it.

I don't like contributing some of my taxes to the EU but I don't get the choice. Maybe that will become a 'choice' in due course as well?

Somebody I know went without her license for some months - possibly as much as nearly a year.

Then she decided to renew over the phone, and they insisted she paid the arrears!

Why couldn't she have denied that she had a telly for all that time?

Grrr! Demanding money with menaces!

Still, it is good news that so many are at last standing up to this entertainment poll tax.

Unfortunately very little of it is entertaining now!

New Zealand got rid of the TV licence years and years ago cos no one paid it.

Saying that NZ terrestrial TV is effing pants, which actually isn't a bad thing B)