House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

American Police Execute Homeless Man For Camping

The full video is available elsewhere. Here's what dibble had to say

"“Actually if you watch the video tape, all the less than lethal devices were in fact deployed. It was when the canine officer was down directing the canine dog that the suspect pulled out the two knives and directed a threat to the canine officer who had no weapons drawn. He was handling the dog,” Chief Eden said.

News 13 asked Chief Eden directly, “do you believe this was a justified shooting?”

Chief Eden responded, “Yes, if you follow case law, ‘Garner versus Tennessee’, there was directed threat to an officer.”

"

http://krqe.com/2014/03/21/apd-officer-involved-shooting-was-justified/

Madman & knives is never a good thing. A sad case, but to say he was executed is a bit far of the mark.

Yank police #1 priority is "officer safety". In this case it was actually argued that this shooting was justified because an "unarmed k9 officer" was being threatened, by which I understand they mean the dog.

"officer safety" also means safety from legal accountability.

Watch the following compilation if you have a strong stomach; particularly the part at about 28m where they film somebody walking into a number of police stations to simply ask how you go about lodging a complaint against an officer.

America's biggest gang problem:

In other news, Kansas is attempting to make lodging an unsuccessful complaint against the police a prosecutable offence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=k_3fzhUGDpE

The full video is available elsewhere. Here's what dibble had to say

""Actually if you watch the video tape, all the less than lethal devices were in fact deployed. It was when the canine officer was down directing the canine dog that the suspect pulled out the two knives and directed a threat to the canine officer who had no weapons drawn. He was handling the dog," Chief Eden said.

News 13 asked Chief Eden directly, "do you believe this was a justified shooting?"

Chief Eden responded, "Yes, if you follow case law, 'Garner versus Tennessee', there was directed threat to an officer."

"

http://krqe.com/2014...-was-justified/

Madman & knives is never a good thing. A sad case, but to say he was executed is a bit far of the mark.

as far as I saw, he was walking down, as ordered, under the direct aim of gunmen, and as he walked, carrying a bag in both hands, someone fired a flashbang at him and a dog jumped up to him....he threw down the bags.

Jesus...what was he supposed to do?....him v armed men and a dog who attacked him first?....sounds like an execution justified by provocation to me.

From the article referenced....

Boyd was arguing with police for more three hours last Sunday in the foothills after officers went to talk to him about illegally camping in open space

Of course it begs the question why the officers go tooled up like a SAS snatch squad to deal with a homeless person camping in a state park.

Many ways this could have been defused with a non lethal outcome but trigger happy cops who no doubt were a bit pissed off with having 3 hours of their dougnut eating day derailed took extreme measures.

The press wanted to ask why a taser wasn't used and never got the chance. Pepper spray would have done the same job.

Of course it begs the question why the officers go tooled up like a SAS snatch squad to deal with a homeless person camping in a state park.

+1

Can't have people living for free on public land, that undermines the authority of the government... <_<

---

edit: typo

It seems that they live in the land where the police are free to do as they please.

Ah! now I understand.

The reality is though that an American jury would probably acquit the officers.

Why do Americans insist that they live in the land of the free?

Especially ironic when you consider that a greater proportion of Americans are imprisoned by their government than those of any other country in the world.

Could it be because so many US citizens have easy access to firearms?

Someone should mention that to the presenter. He seems like a reasonable man.

Someone should mention that to the presenter. He seems like a reasonable man.

But they have had easy access to firearms for 234 years - why is it only recently that US cops have got tooled up for military ops not only with guns but with other military kit like tanks?

There are thousands of SWAT team raids every year in America? Are the citizens really that dangerous?

Is your point that each government is as bad as each other? or

they are worse than each other?

or they're just as bad as them?

I'm just commenting on the OP's tendency to post anti-US or pro-Russian propaganda.

I note that he has removed ex-KGB agent Vladimir Putin from his avatar.

I'm just commenting on the OP's tendency to post anti-US or pro-Russian propaganda.

I note that he has removed ex-KGB agent Vladimir Putin from his avatar.

I'm sorry, but you are pathetically wide of the mark.

As far as I am aware, the homeless gentlemen who was executed by the police was American. Does supporting his right to life - as proclaimed by the Declaration of Independence - make me pro-American or anti-American? Please answer.

Also, I do not think anyone can possibly argue that Alex Jones - who produced the video I posted - is anything other than a patriotic American. It seems that you are arguing that 'the people' are the same as 'the government.'

As for the Putin avatar, for some reason it stopped working and i couldn't be bothered to replace it. Since it obviously infuriated so many small-minded people I am inclined to get it back up and working again.

From the article referenced....

Many ways this could have been defused with a non lethal outcome but trigger happy cops who no doubt were a bit pissed off with having 3 hours of their dougnut eating day derailed took extreme measures.

The press wanted to ask why a taser wasn't used and never got the chance. Pepper spray would have done the same job.

There is a big homeless terrorist threat.

Shocking video.

There's obviously been some confusion here - this video clip is clearly footage of US special forces intercepting an Al Qaeda militant in Tora Bora.

America is a de facto corporate led quasi-military autocracy ready for a Soviet style implosion or civil war within the next few decades.

Decades? I'd be surprised if they last another year... :o

But it's not just access to guns, its the general response to any sort of disturbance in the US.

For example, a car chase. In the UK, the police are trained to keep a safe distance, avoid antagonising the driver, and call in support with stingers/helicopters/road blocks until the suspect is contained.

In the US, first line response is to try to ram the vehicle off the road (the PIT manoeuvre), followed by a stinger device if the ramming fails, and then "deadly force" if they avoid the stinger.

But it's not just access to guns, its the general response to any sort of disturbance in the US.

For example, a car chase. In the UK, the police are trained to keep a safe distance, avoid antagonising the driver, and call in support with stingers/helicopters/road blocks until the suspect is contained.

In the US, first line response is to try to ram the vehicle off the road (the PIT manoeuvre), followed by a stinger device if the ramming fails, and then "deadly force" if they avoid the stinger.

'MURICA

Murica!!!.jpg

I'm absolutely gutted that Goat has run away and not answered my question. To wit, how does (theological issues aside) believing that the Creator has endowed men with certain inalienable rights, including 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' make me anti-American?