House Price Crash Forum

Official: Beware House Price Bubble

HOLA441

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/3/26/298595/default/v1/mail2-1-329x437.jpg

I can't find the article online yet, but BBC News read out a bit, on their review of tomorrow's papers, where Prince Charles says "It's not sustainable".

Edit:- Link now added... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2590306/Beware-house-price-bubble-Treasury-watchdog-sounds-alarm-runaway-property-market.html

mail2-1-329x437.jpg

post-11769-0-75588300-1395874249_thumb.j

Edited by Bruce Banner

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Is the mail scared that the whole thing will explode in their faces unless the brakes are applied? Too late. Carney's got a useless toolkit, unless he risks assassination by raising base rates considerably, and, oh yes, THE BUBBLE IS ALREADY 20 YEARS OLD!

HOLA444

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/3/26/298595/default/v1/mail2-1-329x437.jpg

I can't find the article online yet, but BBC News read out a bit, on their review of tomorrows papers, where Prince Charles says "It's not sustainable".

Is on the verge of :D:P because what is happening in London is perfectly healthy and the sign of a booming economy :rolleyes:

Where is the slap hand to forehead emoticon???

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

In circus lingo a 'mark' was the chalk imprint left on the back of a naive and gullible punter by the front of house man to identify him to other stall holders - or carnys - as a superior target for fleecing.

The Carny's Mark signified you were as stupid as hell but also loaded.

Mark-Carney--009.jpg

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
‘That doesn’t mean to say there may not be some bubbly components to what is going on in the housing market in particular parts of the country.’

I've made 2 asking price offers this week. Neither accepted and one of the houses has apparently had over a dozen offers. I bet the other one has had quite a few too.

Not London.

HOLA4416

Prince Charles says "It's not sustainable".

Well, if he's struggling...

It does appear that dear George has overestimated the public's appetite for HPI. During last decade, the party was pretty good. People were getting a bit too pissed, but they weren't tired yet and the host always had a line of charlie standing by. Now everyone's shattered and worrying about the kids, since the babysitter will have left hours ago, and the drugs don't make anyone happy any more - just ragged.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

No problem with a house price bubble. 100% OK with it. No worries.

What worries me is if the house price bubble is backed by a mortgage debt bubble.

We're totally f-cked as the credit cycle is turning.

We have the highest private debt in the Western world (maybe bar Denmark, which is tiny), we have the worse budget deficit in the G7 (8 that was).

The acknowledged public debt is rapidly approaching 100% gdp.

HOLA4423

I've made 2 asking price offers this week. Neither accepted and one of the houses has apparently had over a dozen offers. I bet the other one has had quite a few too.

Not London.

Are you panic buying ?

All the houses round here have "sold"..most of them 4-5 months ago and are still sat there.

Something is not quite right.

Estate agents 2nd hand house salesmen must think their numbers have come up.

HOLA4424

Are you panic buying ?

All the houses round here have "sold"..most of them 4-5 months ago and are still sat there.

Something is not quite right.

Estate agents 2nd hand house salesmen must think their numbers have come up.

Lots of sold and to(i)let signus up around here in the s/w.

3 out of 12 of the late 20's something girlies in the office panic buying flats in Clifton, Bristol as they will never be able to afford one otherwise. They have talked themselved into buying damp ridden, crumbling Victorian Shitholes that are for more than £30k than people were asking last year.

Hey-ho the sun is shining until it rains.

HOLA4425