House Price Crash Forum

Butter Or Margarine?

SpectrumFX

HOLA441

There is just as much a butter lobby (as confirmed by this thread) equally convinced that margarine will be the death of us by next Monday. So many times on television we get the nonagenarian scientist warning about the evils of margarine and they are the living proof, and also those that didn't make it (and are now six feet under) like Clarissa Wright Dickson who did her best for the butter lobby. Since there appears to be no conclusive evidence either way, perhaps it just needs to come down to taste preference.

No, you should only ever eat butter. Margerine is toxic sludge and will kill you by next tuesday. ;)

I suspect that good old Clarissa liked to eat lots of sugar and processed flour with her butter (cake lover, amongst many other health factors which could have hastened her demise). So such untimely deaths don't really tell us anything about the healthiness or otherwise of one particular yellow fat over another.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

No, you should only ever eat butter. Margerine is toxic sludge and will kill you by next tuesday. ;)

I suspect that good old Clarissa liked to eat lots of sugar and processed flour with her butter (cake lover, amongst many other health factors which could have hastened her demise). So such untimely deaths don't really tell us anything about the healthiness or otherwise of one particular yellow fat over another.

If you leave butter out, it goes off! Microbes get in and eat it! Try that with margerine!

HOLA443

There is just as much a butter lobby (as confirmed by this thread) equally convinced that margarine will be the death of us by next Monday. So many times on television we get the nonagenarian scientist warning about the evils of margarine and they are the living proof, and also those that didn't make it (and are now six feet under) like Clarissa Wright Dickson who did her best for the butter lobby. Since there appears to be no conclusive evidence either way, perhaps it just needs to come down to taste preference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarissa_Dickson_Wright#Later_life

Given her history, getting to 66 was a pretty big achievement.. and I don't think the saturated/unsaturates/trans-fat ratios in her diet were a major factor, the 'Blowing 2.8 million quid on drink and debauchery' may be a clue.

HOLA444

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarissa_Dickson_Wright#Later_life

Given her history, getting to 66 was a pretty big achievement.. and I don't think the saturated/unsaturates/trans-fat ratios in her diet were a major factor, the 'Blowing 2.8 million quid on drink and debauchery' may be a clue.

She sounds like a right laugh, the female equivalent of SIr Henry Rawlinson:

"If I had all the money I'd spent on drink; I'd spend it on drink."

HOLA445

She sounds like a right laugh, the female equivalent of SIr Henry Rawlinson:

"If I had all the money I'd spent on drink; I'd spend it on drink."

I can imagine the lady playiing billiards on a horse!, or taking a bicycle to the village "blacked up like a sambo"!

HOLA446

Archived